Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Telehealth

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

23 results found

1. Add chat functionality to telehealth sessions

When I'm in a telehealth session, allow me to chat with my client(s) so that if we lose audio I can help them troubleshoot.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to schedule recurring Telehealth sessions

Wanted to ask around scheduling regular teletherapy visits, it doesn't look like I have the option to schedule multiple visits when I select that it is a teletherapy session.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include client URL in Telehealth appointment reminders

I switched from Therapysites telehealth platform to TheraNest's platform. The one difference I am noticing so far is that when I scheduled a telehealth session in Therapysites, they automatically send the client a session reminder and a "go to session" button to their email. This was great as it helped to streamline my practice and cut down time manually emailing clients the URL. Will TheraNest work on adding this feature in the future?

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to the Email and Text Appointment Reminder settings that allows you to include the unique client URL for telehealth sessions. Learn more here: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3793671-how-do-i-share-my-telehealth-link-with-my-clients

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

4. Virtual waiting room for Telehealth clients

Allow my clients to wait in a virtual waiting room if the session hasn't started yet because I'm running late.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Play a chime or sound when participants join a telehealth session

When a client joins a telehealth session, or when we as the therapists join, for a small beep to occur on the person who was logged in first to know to click the join button. Many times clients have sat for several minutes not knowing I joined, or I get a shock when they join and start talking.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow more than 6 total participants in a Group Telehealth Session

Currently, one Telehealth session can only have up to 6 people including the staff member. I have some groups with larger members and need the ability to conduct telehealth sessions with those clients.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expand client's video in a telehealth session

Right now if you click full screen, the client is a small box in the middle rather than the whole monitor such as in any of the other video conferencing platforms. This would actually be the difference maker in me being able to offer more EMDR sessions.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our new telehealth solution, the client's video can be enlarged so you can view more of your client on the screen. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

8. Automatically change Place of Service to "Telehealth (02)" for telehealth appointments

For Telehealth sessions, I'd like the default service location in the progress note to be Telehealth. It currently defaults to office and I have to change it manually each time.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that makes it easier to properly bill Telehealth appointments. Any new invoice created for a Telehealth appointment will now automatically populate “Telehealth (02)” as the Place of Service. This change only applies to invoices created after the release.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

9. Add ability to move or hide video preview box

The ability to move the self-video box to another area of the screen - currently this box pops up in the upper right hand corner of the screen, which is fine on a computer. But many of my clients who use a phone or tablet have let me know that the box which shows their face is actually cutting my face off from their view, and they aren't able to move it to a better location!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new telehealth solution better accommodates videos of multiple participants. Video boxes can also be hidden. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

10. Improve visability of Telehealth "Join" button

Hello, We have run into an issue with multiple patients not being able to easily see the "join" button due to having to scroll their screen down. I would like to suggest moving that "join" button to the top of the page to make it more noticeable. Thank you, Morganna

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seeing Clients during screen share

I want to request that TheraNest allows us to see our clients and ourselves when we screen share. Right now we are having to toggle back and forth between screens or use the split screen feature of our computers. Other platforms like ZOOM have this feature built in allowing for continual viewing of the client and therapist as you move between different screens. This is especially important as we work with our clients and parents in a speech language therapy session. Please enable this feature immediately.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Telehealth consent form template

It would be great to have a telehealth consent for treatment form within the system which describes the features, similar to the FAQ packet you have to share with clients, this form could be editable based on the state the therapist is working on. Providers have to manage so many different consents and forms these days and having something within the system would be such a big help.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show preview of staff video before starting Telehealth session

Show a preview of our video so we can test our video camera before starting the telehealth session to ensure that the camera is working correctly.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve quality of telehealth sessions

Improve the quality of telehealth sessions as I frequently lose audio and end up having to switch to a different platform where I don't experience any issues.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use Preferred Name for Telehealth

Currently, when clients click on the teletherapy link, they see their first and last initial and a prompt to put in a preferred name. Please change this so that they do not see any part of their dead name and only the preferred name is displayed.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When conducting a telehealth session, the client's preferred name will be displayed in the participant panel. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

16. Choose which camera and mic to use for telehealth

If I am using a device that has multiple cameras (front and back) or multiple microphone options (internal or external), allow me to select which one to use for the telehealth session.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our new telehealth solution, the camera and microphone can be selected before joining the session. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

17. Pop out telehealth screen in separate browser window from TheraNest

Telehealth video session window as a pop out separate window, so that it is easier to access calendar and notes while in session.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change calendar to show only client initials in the telehealth link in notes section of calendar when preference is set for initial only

Right now the telehealth link shows the full client name in the notes section on the calendar. This negates the initial only preference and compromises the initial only calendar.
    Please institute a change to the calendar to show only client initials in the telehealth link in notes section of calendar when calendar preference is set for initial only.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The telehealth links have been moved to a different location in the appointment and no longer appear in the Notes section. When viewing the appointment blocks on the calendar, the client name associated with the link is no longer visible. 

19. Rejoin telehealth sessions

Allow me to rejoin telehealth sessions if I'm trying to rejoin within the time frame of the appointment. Sometimes I have connection problems in my building causing me to get disconnected from a session, but I can't get back in unless I recreate the appointment which takes too much time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Telehealth sessions can be rejoined easily with our new solution. If the provider or client clicks "leave session", the session can be rejoined from the appointment or telehealth link. If the session is ended by the provider, the session cannot be rejoined. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

20. Resize telehealth window

Allow me to resize the telehealth window to make it as large or as small as I want it. Right now it's either a small window or it takes up my whole screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since our new telehealth solution opens in a separate browser tab, the browser window can be resized to fit your needs. The video boxes of participants can also be expanded. Click here to view a video walkthrough of the new solution.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base