Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Telehealth

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

37 results found

1. Add drawing/whiteboard abilities in Telehealth sessions

Allow both provider and client to annotate on each others video or shared screen like a whiteboard. Include drawing tools like pens (with colors and thicknesses), lines (different types), shapes (arrows, rectangles etc) and text annotations.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Share computer audio during Telehealth screen sharing

When sharing my screen during a Telehealth session, allow me to share the audio as well. Sometimes I share YouTube videos during my sessions.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Set virtual background in telehealth sessions

Allow me to choose or upload backgrounds (e.g., nature scenes, office settings) to use while conducting telehealth sessions.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow group telehealth sessions with non-client attendees

It would be beneficial to be able to have multiple family members (e.g., teenager and parent) join the telehealth session from multiple devices (e.g., teen in one room, parent in another). I paid for the group telehealth option thinking that it would permit this setup but it unfortunately requires each person to be a client in theranest and then set up a group therapy session which does not accurately reflect the situation I described. In this case I want to maintain the child as the identified patient and have not to create a patient account for the parent.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shared mouse control in telehealth

For therapists such as Speech, Occupational Therapy screen sharing needs to be interactive. Addition of shared mouse control options during screen sharing as well as annotation tools - e.g. draw, stamp, highlight, etc. would be a huge asset. These features are provided in many competitors telehealth tools. The functionality is limited in theranest.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Conduct telehealth sessions between staff members

Allow me to use the telehealth feature to meet with staff members in different locations.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow telehealth clients to indicate their location

Before a client joins a telehealth session, have them indicate their location and make that visible to me as a provider. For safety plan purposes, best practice is that you document where the person is when conducting the session (at their home, dorm, etc.)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share documents during telehealth sessions

When I'm conducting a telehealth session, allow me to share documents with my client so that I can provide them with worksheets to use during the session.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. EMDR treatment in telehealth

It would be nice to have a function that assists with bilateral stimulation for EMDR therapists in telehealth. Perhaps a light bar embedded in the telehealth screen.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include telehealth link in email client receives when appointment is changed to telehealth

include telehealth link in email client receives when appointment is changed to telehealth

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Supervise telehealth sessions

As a supervisor, allow me to join Telehealth sessions without having to subscribe to Group Telehealth, or allow me to view recorded telehealth sessions.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow telehealth participants to dial in using their phone

Add a call in feature where clients, family members, ect can dial in if they don't have access to internet but should join in on group sessions

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Collect payment/copay prior to starting telehealth sessions

Allow me to collect a client's copay or their self-pay payment before they are allowed to join the telehealth session.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Increase time limit for telehealth sessions

Allow me to conduct a telehealth session for longer than two hours.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me to share my screen using Safari

Allow me to use the screen sharing feature for telehealth appointments when using Safari as my browser.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Record time of telehealth sessions

When a client joins a telehealth session, start a timer and record the duration of the session because I need to notate it in my progress note and it helps me know what codes I can bill without having to calculate it manually.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it easier to mute telehealth participants

Make it easier to mute telehealth participants. Right now it's too many clicks into a menu to mute someone or me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't Disconnect Telehealth Sessions when client receives call

When connected with a client for an online session I have found some issues. If the client is using their phone and not a computer (which happens a lot), if they receive a call during our session and decline it, the session closes out and we have to reconnect. Is there some way to make this more friendly so we don't get disconnected in the middle of a session? I would love this improvement as online sessions has increased with covid this year.
    And having the online session link automatically text and or email to clients with their session reminder…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Invite other participants to current Telehealth session

When conducting a Telehealth session, allow me to invite other participants without leaving the session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Suppress background noise during telehealth

It would be great if any background noise was suppressed during a telehealth session so that any pets or traffic aren't distracting my clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base