Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To-do task checklist & reminder feature

I have used another practice management program that had a feature that had a "to do list" feature that reminded you of anything missing from all client files. So for example, the to do list might itemize missing progress notes, missing demographic info, etc. It looked like this:

"Do progress note for John Doe's therapy session on 10/10/17"
    "Enter demographic information for Jane Doe"
    "Missing insurance and billing information for Joe Blow"
    "Create a treatment plan for Joe Blow"
    "Create a termination note for Client X since there have not been any appointments for 60 days"

Great if we can…

851 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Customize existing clinical note templates

Allow me to customize the existing clinical note templates (i.e. progress notes, treatment plan, initial assessment, discharge summary) so that I can add and remove fields that are relevant to my practice and meet my payer requirements.

781 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enter clients as a couple or family

Allow me to enter clients as couples or families. I see mostly couples and I prefer not to split them up in TheraNest.

695 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Clients & Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize how appointments are color-coded

Allow me to set how I want my appointments on the schedule to be color-coded. I may want them color-coded by provider, location, etc.

566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Client authorization tracking by date and remaining sessions

Often we are given an authorization for a certain number of units and/or sessions and need to track how many units/sessions we have left to alert us to send in an authorization request. Allow me to set this up so that TheraNest can alert me when we reach a certain number of sessions left, so that I can call and get another auth.

562 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  74 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Formatting options for dynamic forms

Would like the ability to format custom forms similar to other word processors:
    - Adjust font sizes, colors
    - Paragraph styles
    - Inserting tables
    - Adding images
    - Dynamic form elements like dropdowns

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add client portal messages to contact log

When I get a message through the Client Portal secure messaging, allow me to add it to the contact log so I can keep a record of all communication in one place.

439 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include pre-defined list of interventions for progress notes

I would like the interventions list that is available in the creation of the treatment plan be moved to the progress notes where I would be able to select which intervention that I used for that day. It would simplify the notes that I complete.

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upload existing documents to create dynamic forms

I have all my own forms for my clients already made into word documents and PDFs. Allow me to upload these into TheraNest and use them as dynamic forms so that I don't have to recreate them.

354 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Client alerts

Allow me to create an alert for a client that is easily viewable when viewing that client's details.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Clients & Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send appointment reminders to multiple contacts

Allow me to send appointment reminders to multiple phone numbers and/or email addresses. Some clients that are children may have divorced parents and both want to be alerted that their child has an appointment.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Clients & Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow two-way syncing with external calendars (Google, Apple, etc.)

Make it so you can enter appointments or events from an external calendar (Google, Apple, etc.) and then they automatically sync to your TheraNest calendar.

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Check insurance verification and eligibility within TheraNest

Allow for direct inquiry of a new patient's insurance eligibility & benefits. I can do this by logging in to Office Ally or the web sites maintained by each insurance company, but it would be marvelous to have this capability built in to Theranest.

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fax documents from TheraNest

Allow me to fax documents from TheraNest.

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Practice Management & Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow multiple client signatures on clinical notes and intake forms

Allow me to add multiple client signatures to intake forms and clinical notes. I work with children who may have parents and stepparents and I want to be able to capture all of their signatures.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Report on missing, expiring, and unsigned treatment plans

Allow me to run a report that will show all clients that have missing, expiring, and/or unsigned treatment plans.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set staff availability based on days/time, services and locations

For providers who deliver service from different locations only on certain days/times

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Progress Notes from the Calendar

It would make it easier to write a note from the calendar instead of having to go into each individual client.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More granular permission levels

Have TheraNest modify the permissions levels to be more granular so we can select specific functions the individual can perform rather than multiple functions activated under a single role.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Practice Management & Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base