Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1554 results found

1. Enter clients as a couple or family

Allow me to enter clients as couples or families. I see mostly couples and I prefer not to split them up in TheraNest.

838 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Customize how appointments are color-coded

Allow me to set how I want my appointments on the schedule to be color-coded. I may want them color-coded by provider, location, etc.

754 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Formatting options for dynamic forms

Would like the ability to format custom forms similar to other word processors:
    - Adjust font sizes, colors
    - Paragraph styles
    - Inserting tables
    - Adding images

629 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include pre-defined list of interventions for progress notes

I would like the interventions list that is available in the creation of the treatment plan be moved to the progress notes where I would be able to select which intervention that I used for that day. It would simplify the notes that I complete.

508 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send appointment reminders to multiple contacts

Allow me to send appointment reminders to multiple phone numbers and/or email addresses. Some clients that are children may have divorced parents and both want to be alerted that their child has an appointment.

374 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow two-way syncing with external calendars (Google, Apple, etc.)

Make it so you can enter appointments or events from an external calendar (Google, Apple, etc.) and then they automatically sync to your TheraNest calendar.

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Report on missing, expiring, and unsigned treatment plans

Allow me to run a report that will show all clients that have missing, expiring, and/or unsigned treatment plans.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow multiple client signatures on clinical notes and intake forms

Allow me to add multiple client signatures to intake forms and clinical notes. I work with children who may have parents and stepparents and I want to be able to capture all of their signatures.

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Partial refunds of credit card transactions

Allow me to apply a partial refund of a credit card transaction. In instances of overpayments, we only need to refund a portion.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fax documents from TheraNest

Allow me to fax documents from TheraNest.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create custom reports

Allow me to create a custom report by selecting information/data fields from a list.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  12. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Progress Notes from the Calendar

It would make it easier to write a note from the calendar instead of having to go into each individual client or the agenda.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Indicate if appointment was cancelled by staff or by client

Add ability to indicate whether an appointment was cancelled by a staff member or a client

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically set appointment duration based on service type (Calendar & Client Portal)

When patient (or provider) makes appointment for patient, the calendar slot should auto match in length to the service selected (45 min, 30 min, 60 min). Having an auto time select based on the service length selected saves time and prevents the patient from accidentally or unintentionally over/underbooking the length of time.

Inversely, Clients are able to schedule an hour intake in a 30 min time slot. The portal needs some parameters to prevent this.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autosave client details

When editing a client's information, autosave the fields so I don't have to click the save button every time I make a change. When I navigate to other tabs/areas, sometimes I don't remember to save and then all the information is lost.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More granular permission levels

Have TheraNest modify the permissions levels to be more granular so we can select specific functions the individual can perform rather than multiple functions activated under a single role.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create progress note template library (PIE, DAP, SOAP, PHQ-9 etc.)

Provide general templates such as PIE, DAP, and SOAP for clinicians to choose from.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Schedule recurring/automatic payments

For clients that are on payment plans, allow me to set up scheduled or recurring payments for a set amount.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand features for handling child/minor clients (notes, contacts, intake etc.)

Create a separate feature for reminder calls & email that include a parent contact. or a box that differentiates between a child client versus an adult client, therefore insurance information and contact information would be specialized.

It would be nice, if you work with children, to have child friendly notes as well as a section specifically in regards to separation / divorce - a place to list information such as custody arrangements, etc.

Minor child clients require additional informed consents. It would be helpful to be able to customize which intake forms go to new clients when inviting them to…

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base