Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. Electronic prescriptions feature (e-prescribe)

E prescribe function for medical prescribers

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to announce that electronic prescriptions are now available in TheraNest! Our e-Prescribe feature allows you to manage medications, write prescriptions, and handle refills from inside your TheraNest account.

If you’re interested in signing up reach out to our Client Executive team at Sales@theranest.com.

We are continuously working to improve TheraNest and we appreciate your feedback on this suggestion!

2. Add option to "view all" in client appointment history page

Please allow us to select "see all appointments" when looking at the client's appointments list in their profile.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now show all appointments within a selected date range on one page by clicking “Show All” in the right hand side of the Appointments page. This will allow you to see all appointment results within your date range on one page, even if the returned value is greater than 20.

3. Split client & insurance balance due on Agenda

The Agenda's Balance Due section needs to be split between client amount due & insurance amount due. With just the bulk sum on there it's pretty useless because you still have to go into the client's account to decipher if they actually owe anything.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Balance Due on the Agenda has now been split to display the Client Balance Due and the Insurance Balance Due so you can easily see how much the client owes.

4. Send appointment reminders more than once

Allow me to set up appointment reminders so they get sent more than once before the client's appointment. For example, I may want to send a reminder two days prior and one day prior.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your organization's Appointment Reminder Settings now allows for multiple time periods to be selected so appointment reminders can be sent more than once.

5. Allow viewing archived client contact information

many times we archive clients that have not been seen in a while. When they contact us to be seen again, it would be nice to be able to see their details without underachieving.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes some new details that are displayed in the Archived Clients List. You will no longer have to unarchive a client in order to view an archived client’s contact information such as Mobile/Home Phone Number and Email address. The the Archived Clients List will also include columns for Total Kept Appointments and Total Balance Due. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

6. Allow zero dollar insurance payments

As a biller, it is essential that we can document zero dollar payments from insurance as part of the client's ledger. This is often the documentation we need to then bill a secondary insurance. Note of zero dollar payment should be able to have payment date and check # just like any other payment entered.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Schedule recurring telehealth appointments

Allow me to schedule recurring telehealth appointments that doesn't require me converting individual appointments because converting individual appointments can be easily missed/forgotten about.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Print all progress notes within a date range

Allow me to print all notes within a given date range so that we can upload one file that includes all documentation in cases of an insurance audit.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new Audit Notes Report allows you to print all progress notes within a date range for a client’s case, so it’s easier to provide this documentation in case of an audit. Click here to learn more.

9. Download client's appointments

When viewing the client's list of appointments, allow me to download a list with the filters I've applied, or export it to a CSV.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make progress note Creation Date optional

HI there!
    I love using Theranest to input my client notes but the new "creation date" feature is not my favorite. I often write notes by hand and enter them in later when I have time. This feature makes progress notes inflexible and could potentially hurt us during an audit. Regardless of whether or not the work has been done.
    Theranest helps simplify our practice, however, this new feature only makes it more rigid and seems to be put in place to get others into trouble. Can this creation date field be made optional?

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  27 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a report showing clients with no appointments scheduled

It would be great if you could provide some way to highlight clients who do not have an appointment scheduled for a future date either through a report or some kind of notation in the client list. I routinely want to check to make sure that my client's are scheduled for an appointment or if we need to follow up with them. However, I currently have to search through each client's record manually in order to determine which clients are not scheduled.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for clients’ Next Appointment. This column is sortable and searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. To find clients who have no upcoming appointments, simply search for “-” and any client who has no future appointment scheduled will be shown in the results. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3903811-view-clients-with-no-upcoming-appointments

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

12. Ability to put in insurance payments as a batch and apply to multiple client invoices

Sometimes an insurance payment will be for more than one client. I think it would save time and eliminate user error if there was a way to input a batch insurance payment and be able to apply it to invoices of multiple clients.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Indicate cancelled appointments in synced calendars

When a session is marked cancelled, it would be nice if this was indicated when the calendar syncs with google calendar

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create report for client's contact information

We would like to be able to have a report that could give us all of our clients contact information. Example: If we could get a report with all of our clients emails so we could send them our company newsletter at the same time.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that include columns for clients’ Home Phone, Mobile Phone and Email address. These columns are searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

15. Archive Custom Forms

Add the ability to take an old custom form out of circulation without deleting all the same type of custom forms that have been filled out and are filed in active consumers charts

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send Appointment Reminder Response Notifications via Email/In App Alert

I want to be instantly notified how my clients respond to appointment reminders. It's useful for me to know whether the appointment has been confirmed, cancelled or if my client has responded with any other reply in cases of distress. I'd like to option to designate the way in which I am alerted, either in app or via email.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HIPAA-compliant Teletherapy / Telehealth Video Sessions

A client portal would be very nice and the inclusion of video would be extra nice. :-) Check out CounSol's client portal with video that allows therapists to schedule (HIPAA compliant) video sessions with individuals and groups. This would be a huge benefit. CounSol does not support group practices and so this would be a unique benefit.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to set a default place of service in Organization Settings

Add the ability to set a default for place of service in my organization settings. Staff members could still manually override the default in the progress note or invoice, but in our admin settings I would pick which Place of Service option would be the default across our organization.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that includes a new setting in your Organization Settings that allows you to to set a default place of service for your entire organization. Learn more here: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3994347-set-a-default-place-of-service-for-your-organization

19. Don't make me stay on the invoice after saving

Allow me the option to stay on the invoice after saving rather than forcing me to stay on the invoice.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When working on an invoice, clicking the Save button will save the invoice and return you to the client’s ledger. Additionally, a new option is available under the Save button drop-down allowing you to save and stay on the invoice.

20. Add color coding to service types to display in the Calendar

It would be really helpful if different service types could be color coded on the calendar. For example, if an initial assessment (90791) could be a different color from a 60 minute follow up session (90837) it would allow me to look at my weekly or monthly calendar and see immediately how many new clients I had, which would be really helpful in my schedule planning.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! When creating or editing a service type, you can now designate a color label for that service type to display in the Day, Week, Month and Staff Calendar views. This will provide an additional way to visually identify your appointments in the calendar. To learn more about this release, you can visit our release notes in the TheraNest Knowledge Base. https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/4550377-set-service-type-color-code

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base