Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. To-do task checklist & reminder feature

I have used another practice management program that had a feature that had a "to do list" feature that reminded you of anything missing from all client files. So for example, the to do list might itemize missing progress notes, missing demographic info, etc. It looked like this:

"Do progress note for John Doe's therapy session on 10/10/17"
    "Enter demographic information for Jane Doe"
    "Missing insurance and billing information for Joe Blow"
    "Create a treatment plan for Joe Blow"
    "Create a termination note for Client X since there have not been any appointments for 60 days"

Great if we can…

913 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi everyone! We have released the core functionality of the Task List, and will continue to add enhancements in the coming months. Improvements to come include reminder notifications, the ability to assign a task to someone else, and automatic task additions.  Please suggest and vote on these improvements in UserVoice so we can determine which ones to work on first! 

2. Customize existing clinical note templates

Allow me to customize the existing clinical note templates (i.e. progress notes, treatment plan, initial assessment, discharge summary) so that I can add and remove fields that are relevant to my practice and meet my payer requirements.

835 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TheraNest's Dynamic Progress Notes feature has been released! Dynamic Progress Note forms allow you to create customized Progress Note templates for client session notes. Create custom progress note forms for the notes that need to be kept for each appointment. The Dynamic elements automatically pull information from the Client profile and case information. Click here to learn more.

3. Client authorization tracking by date and remaining sessions

Often we are given an authorization for a certain number of units and/or sessions and need to track how many units/sessions we have left to alert us to send in an authorization request. Allow me to set this up so that TheraNest can alert me when we reach a certain number of sessions left, so that I can call and get another auth.

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Authorizations can now be created exactly how they are received from payers! When creating an authorization, you can now specify the start and end date, link service types, view authorization statuses when creating an appointment (if enabled), and track the authorization by units or sessions. A new report is available to help you track utilization of authorizations across all clients. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/11747874480148

4. Pre-intake waiting list for prospective clients

Waiting list feature where client info can be entered and clients are listed in order received with counselor preferences and contact information.

598 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add client portal messages to contact log

When I get a message through the Client Portal secure messaging, allow me to add it to the contact log so I can keep a record of all communication in one place.

505 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have the Therapist permission, you can now copy a message sent or received from Client Messaging to the contact log of a client’s case. Check out our release notes for more information. 

6. Add ability to flag clients

Add ability to manually flag clients in our system and show flag throughout TheraNest.

384 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to reorder tabbed navigation items in client/group cases

It would be great if we had more control over the order the tabbed navigation items, so that we could adjust how they appear under the client “notes” section in logical order or to make them consistent with our chart order.

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have release a new feature to allow practice admins to rearrange the order of all tabs in case navigation.

8. Report of clients by insurance payer

It would be great to be have a Client List per Insurance/Insurer as a quick reference to who has what insurance.

339 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes columns for clients’ Primary and Secondary Insurance Payers. These columns are sortable and searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3903355-view-clients-by-insurer-or-payer

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

9. Add log of when statements/invoices/superbills are emailed to clients

It would be great if there was a record on each client's ledger when the last statement or invoice was sent to them. We need to be able to track dates of when invoices/statements were sent to clients in order to give them a 2nd Notice or 3rd Notice of payment due.

314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Activity Log will now include a record of when statements, invoices, and superbills are emailed to the client. Check out our release notes for more information!

10. Integrate Quickbooks with Theranest (or other accounting software)

We need a way to let our CPA keep our numbers in check without compromising patient data. It would be nice to have everything in one place without having to enter everything in Theranest as well as enter it into Quickbooks a second time for book keeping purposes. If there was a way to have our billing data dump into Quickbooks so that our accountant could just access that de-identified data we would be so happy!!! Otherwise Theranest is awesome!

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have released a new “Export Transactions” feature in the Billing section of TheraNest, which lets you export all payments and refunds into a .CSV file. The file can then be imported into a number of third party accounting software products, like QuickBooks Online.

11. Set staff availability based on days/time, services and locations

Allow me more flexibility in creating my availability. Allow me to set different availability for future dates, or based on services or locations.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to apply write-offs to invoices when processing ERA payments

In the same workflow of processing and applying an ERA payment, add the ability to write-off any remaining insurance balance due and have it reflected in the client's ledger.

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A write-off can be applied for any remaining balance when processing an ERA payment. The “Actions” menu next to an ERA payment now includes a selection to “Process and write off balance”, which will apply the payment to the invoices and create a write-off equal to the remaining insurance balance due.

13. Add more control of editing and sending calendar/scheduling alert emails sent to clients and groups

I have a very tightly booked schedule and sometimes make mistakes and have to fix something, particularly while making future appointments. I feel this should happen behind the scene until things are right. However, people who are subscribed the portal get notification of everything I do immediately, even it's an error. It's annoying to all of us. I think there should be a way to stop this feature. Currently, if I make an error, I have to delete their text and email address, then make the changes, then put the email and phone number back in. It makes me want…

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that allows more control over what scheduling notifications are sent to clients. You can learn how to update these settings in our Knowledge Base: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/4595489-manage-client-portal-appointment-notifications

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

14. Check insurance eligibility within TheraNest

Allow for direct inquiry of a new patient's insurance eligibility. I can do this by logging in to Office Ally or the websites maintained by each insurance company, but it would be marvelous to have this capability built into Theranest.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alert staff via text when a client replies to text message reminder

I want to be instantly notified how my clients respond to appointment reminders. It's useful for me to know whether the appointment has been confirmed, cancelled or if my client has responded with any other reply in cases of distress.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve usability and customization of Client Statements

The statement needs a total makeover. Some suggestions:

• Make balance due clearer to clients. Having 4 different totals at the bottom is confusing. Only need an outstanding patient responsibility total and an insurance total. The combination totals are not necessary.
    • Filter statements by service date, not invoice date
    • Include return address on client statement print outs
    • Adding NPI and TaxID on client statements
    • Add custom note field to statements
    232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Store "Customize Grid" selections

When I adjust the grids for client statements or other reports using the "Customize Grid" dropdown, I want it to save my choices so when I direct away from and return to the page, the options selected previously are pre-selected.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! When you customize the grid in any report (including the client list) your selections will stick! No more having to reselect your preferences every time you navigate to that page! Please note that this is browser and device specific. Example: You made selections on a laptop. Those selections will not appear on your iPad. Selections will erase after clearing your browser cache as well.

18. Add organization logo to custom forms

Have my organization's logo displayed at the top of printed custom forms or intake forms.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See other staff's calendar availability without showing appointment details

Currently, every staff member can see all appointments assigned to other staff members EXCEPT when someone has Therapist level permissions and can only view assigned clients. As a clinician working in a group practice, it is very helpful to be able to see when my colleagues are scheduled for appointments on any given day. For example, it helps to let me know when a colleague might be free, who is going to be the first/last person to arrive or leave for the day, and if/when they are scheduled to see a parent or sibling of my own client.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that allows staff members with Therapist level permissions that can only view assigned clients the ability to view other staff members’ availability in the Agenda and Calendar. These users will see saved events in the calendar but no client details are shown – instead the event will display as BUSY.

20. Add ability to show/hide Treatment Plan History in Progress Note

Currently, every treatment plan and update is pulled into a progress note, which, after a while, has started creating 10+ page notes!

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TheraNest users with Administrative permissions can now edit the Progress Note template to hide specific sections/fields, including the Treatment Plan History. This is an organization-wide setting and cannot be customized per staff member.

With this new setting, you will be able to tailor our default Progress Note template to fit the unique needs of your practice. To make changes, go to Organization > Note Template.

You can learn more about this update here: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3270086-how-to-edit-the-progress-note-template

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base