Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize how appointments are color-coded

Allow me to set how I want my appointments on the schedule to be color-coded. I may want them color-coded by provider, location, etc.

560 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

148 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow two-way syncing with external calendars (Google, Apple, etc.)

Make it so you can enter appointments or events from an external calendar (Google, Apple, etc.) and then they automatically sync to your TheraNest calendar.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set staff availability based on days/time, services and locations

For providers who deliver service from different locations only on certain days/times

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Progress Notes from the Calendar

It would make it easier to write a note from the calendar instead of having to go into each individual client.

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically set appointment duration based on service type (Calendar & Client Portal)

When patient (or provider) makes appointment for patient, the calendar slot should auto match in length to the service selected (45 min, 30 min, 60 min). Right now, it defaults to 1 hour. Having an auto time select based on the service length selected saves time and prevents the patient from accidentally or unintentionally over/under booking the length of time.

Inversely, Clients are able to schedule an hour intake in a 30 min time slot. The portal needs some parameters to prevent this.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block off non-clinical time on calendar

Allow me to block off recurring or single non-clinical events on my calendar so appointments can't be scheduled during that time. This may include a lunch break, vacation, or personal appointments.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter calendar by room and display room availability

Room calendar and availability would help our staff to see which room is available. If for example one therapist is out, he could remove his name from that room and someone else would be able to use it. Pretty much what we are looking in is to see room availability on one page.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Indicate if appointment was cancelled by staff or by client

Add ability to indicate whether an appointment was cancelled by a staff member or a client

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Freeze calendar header when scrolling

We have several therapist on our calendar, and when you scroll down to put in an appointment it is easy to loss track of what column one is in.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Print work or school excuse notes from Agenda

It would be very helpful to have something on the dashboard that would let us print appointment excuses for school and work.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display mini gregorian calendar in new appointment modal

instead of having to choose the month then date without looking at the calendar. It would be great to click on the date and SEE a full calendar when scheduling clients. I always need to have my phone or other calendar to see if I am choosing the correct number date.

When you add a new appointment, instead of having a dropdown box with numbers for the date, have a mini calendar open so I can choose the day by clicking on the calendar. This would help me make sure I am choosing the correct day of the week.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color code individual appointments

When creating or editing an appointment, allow me to apply a specific color to that appointment or event.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Greater distinction for canceled appointments

When viewing the calendar, it's hard to distinguish between the cancelled appointments and other appointments because they appear in the same bright color. Have a way for the cancelled appointments to still be shown on the calendar, but with a greater distinction between the kept and scheduled appointments.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter Agenda & Calendar by appointment status

I wish there was a way you could filter the calendar by status type.

As well as having set up so that each staff members appointments fall in a column order not sporadically in the calendar for ease of use. As this becomes difficult with places with multiple locations.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Split client & insurance balance due on Agenda

The Agenda's Balance Due section needs to be split between client amount due & insurance amount due. With just the bulk sum on there it's pretty useless because you still have to go into the client's account to decipher if they actually owe anything.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow admins to change other staff members' calendar preferences and availability

Administrators need to have the ability to confirm or deny appointments and be able to disable a therapist from this option, we are the controllers of the calendars, as controllers we need to be able to handle this process at any given time. We also need the ability to open a therapist grayed area. Basically we need complete control of the therapist calendars. The set up of Theranest is great for one therapist but when you have more it makes the administrator less confidant of the scheduling and billing process.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Turn off automatic "Kept" appointment status change

In testing the system we have noticed that our appts. change to KEPT automatically at the scheduled appt. time, versus us changing it to Kept when the client comes in and actually Keeps the appt., or No Show if that happens. Generally the front desk switching a client to Kept alerts the doctors in the system (some of whom are far away from the waiting room) that their client is here and they should go to the waiting room to get them. If it switches to Kept automatically the doctors are going to think their clients are here and come…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search by client name or event title in calendar

When we go to the schedule a patient, most of them ask when is their next appointment. It would be better if we could search their name right on the calendar schedule and it pop up with their next appointments scheduled instead of having to go back to clients and go into details and then appointments. Then we lose our spot on the schedule and have to go back to it.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple available times in a day

When setting my calendar availability, allow me to enter multiple time frames in a single day, such as Mondays from 8-11 AM and from 3-6 PM.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Holidays to the calendar

Alert when it is Easter, MLK day etc. so staff are alerted that day is not a typical one for clients.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base