Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

331 results found

1. Add last appointment to archived clients list

When viewing the list of archived clients, show me the date of their last appointment so I know when I can permanently delete their records from TheraNest.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Display organization logo on assessments & treatment plans

Have my organization's logo displayed on printed assessments and treatment plans.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add date to Clinical Documents & General Documents

When viewing a client's clinical documents or general documents as a list, allow me to view the date the document was uploaded.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When viewing a client’s General Documents, Clinical Documents, or a staff member’s Documents, a Date column has been added that shows the date the document was uploaded or received.

4. Report on Communication Preferences by Client

There are communication preferences for each client (e.g. Do not contact by email, do not contact by phone, etc.). Allow me to run a report that includes this information, so that if I want to send a mass email to clients I know who to exclude.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

The client export list has been updated to include the client’s communication preferences! When navigating to Organization → Export Data, you’ll be able to view which clients have opted out of text, email, or phone communications so you can quickly see which clients prefer to be contacted by a certain method.

5. Remove organization address from intake forms

Remove the address from the intake forms (e.g., informed consent). I only practice telehealth and I don't want my home address appearing on the form.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Patient information to top of custom forms

Can you please auto-add the information such as insurance numbers and patient ID numbers to the custom forms, like it is on the daily SOAP notes. Otherwise the forms don't look professional and we'll have to add extra information to submit the evaluations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigate to the Payment by Clicking on the Status

It would be great if this could be changed:

When clicking on the "in-process", "denied" or "paid" claim status, the link takes you to the Billing Tab and the section/status where the claim is. But it does not adjust the filter dates to take you directly to the claim. Instead the default date range populates. So all of the claims are new. Once you are there, you would have to go back to the invoice to get the date and then filter the report. Or get it ahead of time. but I often go through the system pretty fast to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When clicking on an In Progress claim tag from a client’s ledger, the date filter on the claim tab will now adjust automatically to the claim’s submitted date so you don’t have to adjust the date to find the claim. Stay up to date on all the changes in TheraNest by checking out our changelog!

8. Batch Payments indicate when clients have a credit

The batch invoicing/payment options seems to be a really great way to save time when billing. We have previously been going in client by client to do invoices and payments because we often have clients who have met their deductibles after we have collected payment leaving a credit on their accounts. The batch payment option does not offer any way to pull from the credit on their account, and there is no indicator that pops up to show that a client in the batch invoicing list already has a credit, so that we can remove them from the list of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When processing batch payments, an indicator will now appear if the client has a credit or unapplied payment on their ledger.

Stay on top of changes in TheraNest with our release notes!

9. Create telehealth link when confirming appointment from the portal

When a client schedules a telehealth appointment from the portal, have the link created when I confirm the appointment so I don't have to edit the appointment and click the Telehealth checkbox.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to: 

• Create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations.
    • Manage availability blocks for other staff members who are using Advanced Availability.
    • Allow clients to request appointments on the Client Portal during your available blocks.
    • Allow clients to request Telehealth appointments on the Client Portal. When confirmed, the appointment will be saved as a Telehealth appointment with the session link.

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

10. View write-offs and payments in Paid Invoice List View

It's already annoying that the paid invoices are now on a new tab so I can't get a full overview of a client's account status on one page, but it is imperative that write-off amounts be included in the list view of paid invoices like the old version did. Showing client and insurance payment amounts would be great as well, but the write-offs are what are most important. I'd love to get everything back on one page for ease of processing as well, but obviously somebody made these changes because they thought they were helpful. Perhaps a customizable view for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

Hello! We added these columns back on February 16th. Thank you for your feedback!

11. Make it easier for supervisor to go back to the list of notes needing to be signed

When multiple notes need to be signed for different supervisees, make an easier way to navigate back to the list of notes needing to be signed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new log has been added that allows supervisees to view and sign a list of their unsigned progress notes. Supervisors will also be able to view, sign, and approve any progress notes that are pending a signature or approval. Click here to learn more. 

12. Make dropdown dynamic form element required

Almost all fields in the custom forms and new dynamic forms allow the creator to "require an answer" except the dropdown fields. Please add this option so that patients are required to make a choice among the dropdown options.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Payroll Report by Appointment Staff

Have the option to run the Payroll Report by Appointment Staff

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  14. archived search options

It would be nice if we could search archived clients by the client's date of birth. Ideally it would be great if the archived search options were set up like the active search options, but adding the client's date of birth would at least help quite a bit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change appointment from telehealth to in-person

Allow me to change an appointment from telehealth to in-person so that I don't have to delete the appointment and recreate it.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an Progress & Response to Treatment section to notes template

I'd love to see a Progress & Response to Treatment assessment section added to the notes template with combination checkbox/item selection and text area to include options such as:
    Making progress,
    significant symptom reduction,
    limited progress,
    no change,
    regression,
    actively engaged in treatment,
    did not do assignment(s),
    passive,
    resistant to treatment.

Indicating progress is essential for supporting medical necessity and ethical practice.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Two new fields have been added to progress notes allowing you to indicate if the client has made progress toward treatment! To enable this field, edit the progress note template under Organization. If you’re looking for additional options as a selection, please head to our UserVoice forum and vote for the following idea: https://theranest.uservoice.com/forums/914431-theranest-app/suggestions/44119431-add-additional-options-to-client-progress.

17. Filter claim tabs by rendering & billing provider

When viewing the claim tabs under the Billing section, allow me to customize the grids to include the rendering and billing provider.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you use Apex or Change Healthcare as your clearinghouse, the Rendering Provider and Billing Provider can now be added to your customized grid for all claim tabs. 

18. email address

It would be nice to use the same email address when a client has several children from the same family that need to be invited to the client portal. Mom said she is not creating another email address to keep up with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Document medication in progress notes

Allow me to document a client's medication in the progress note. I don't use e-prescribe, but I would like a place to notate the medications the client is taking.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include "Units" on Statements

Units appear on Invoices and Superbills, but not Statements -- even if Superbill-level details are added. This would be helpful for consistency across billing documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

You can now customize the grid to include the number of units on a statement. Thank you so much for taking the time to vote and give feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base