Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. Be able to specify one email address that Theranest correspondence comes from

Change it in the system to make all our portal notices (i.e. intake forms / statements etc) come from our admin email address (i.e. contact@practicename.com) rather than the individual email addresses each person uses to login.

Per Theranest: "There's not currently a way to set one specific email address for Client Portal invites and forms to come from. Depending on the staff member signed in and doing the sending, that will be the email address the message will come from -- their email address on file in TheraNest."

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Alert staff when files are added to client Clinical Documents and Staff Documents

It would be helpful if staff could receive an alert whenever an administrator or another staff person adds a document to the client's clinical documents and when an administrator adds a document to the staff's document tab

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Implement read receipts for client secure messages

I'm suggesting read receipts for messages sent TO clients through the client portal messaging.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create {{Location Name}} placeholder for appointment reminders

Add a placeholder in reminders for LOCATION NAME instead of just the address.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send secure message alert to client's secondary email address

It would be great if the email sent to clients alerting of a secure message could be sent to both the primary and secondary email addresses on file in TheraNest. This would be especially helpful for minor clients with divorced parents.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable allowing clients to cancel via text reminders

Allow me to disable allowing clients to cancel and confirm appointments through the text reminders they receive.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add GIFs to Practice Chat

Allow me to add GIFs to my practice chat messages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add CC function for secure messages

Allow me to CC members of a client's contact network when sending a secure message. We see minors and when communicating with the client I need to include their parent(s) or guardian(s).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sound alert for new practice chat message

Allow me to turn on the option to receive an audible alert when I receive a new practice chat message.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove deactivated staff from practice chat

Remove all staff that have been deactivated from practice chat, otherwise, it's hard to find the person I'm looking for.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify staff when they have been assigned a new client

Send a notification to the staff member when a new client or prospective has been assigned to them.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow copying and pasting text from secure messages

Allow me to copy and paste information that is sent or received from a secure message. Sometimes we have standard messages that we send clients and it would be easier to copy and paste from an old message.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Specify type of notifications for different actions/triggers

I want to choose whether I get notifications about certain things in TheraNest and how those notifications are sent. For certain things, an in-app alert is enough, but for other things I might want to be alerted in several ways (like text, email and in-app).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notification for client portal account creation

Notify me when a client registers for the client portal so I can follow up with a phone call if they don't schedule an appointment.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send alert when clients enter or update information in Client Portal

The client portal can be used for new clients to enroll but if they misclick or forget something we could easily be missing out on new clients. I am suggesting you work on a notification system that notifies someone when a new client has entered something even with out submitting intakes paperwork.. this way we can reach out to them and see if they need help.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send secure message/email to people outside organization

Allow me to send secure and HIPAA-compliant emails from TheraNest to individuals outside of my organization (such as insurance, other care providers, etc.).

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text notification when client schedules an appointment through client portal

As a provider, I want to receive a text notification if a client requests an appointment through the client portal.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add service type to appointment reminders

Allow me to include the service type in text and email appointment reminders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom appointment reminders based on service type

It would be very helpful to allow for custom reminders based on the type of service instead of just one generic reminder. For example, we offer individual therapy, but also have providers who conduct school observations or attend IEP meetings. It would be helpful if we could have a custom reminder that lets parents know a provider is observing their child at school so they just need to let us know if the child is sick that day. We would then have a different reminder email that would go out to individual therapy clients whom we are actually expecting to…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off notification options for supervisee/supervisor review

It is annoying to receive many notifications that my supervisees have completed a case note. I would like to be able to turn the notifications off.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base