Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

52 results found

1. Customize existing clinical note templates

Allow me to customize the existing clinical note templates (i.e. progress notes, treatment plan, initial assessment, discharge summary) so that I can add and remove fields that are relevant to my practice and meet my payer requirements.

835 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TheraNest's Dynamic Progress Notes feature has been released! Dynamic Progress Note forms allow you to create customized Progress Note templates for client session notes. Create custom progress note forms for the notes that need to be kept for each appointment. The Dynamic elements automatically pull information from the Client profile and case information. Click here to learn more.

2. Ability to reorder tabbed navigation items in client/group cases

It would be great if we had more control over the order the tabbed navigation items, so that we could adjust how they appear under the client “notes” section in logical order or to make them consistent with our chart order.

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have release a new feature to allow practice admins to rearrange the order of all tabs in case navigation.

3. Add ability to show/hide Treatment Plan History in Progress Note

Currently, every treatment plan and update is pulled into a progress note, which, after a while, has started creating 10+ page notes!

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

TheraNest users with Administrative permissions can now edit the Progress Note template to hide specific sections/fields, including the Treatment Plan History. This is an organization-wide setting and cannot be customized per staff member.

With this new setting, you will be able to tailor our default Progress Note template to fit the unique needs of your practice. To make changes, go to Organization > Note Template.

You can learn more about this update here: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3270086-how-to-edit-the-progress-note-template

4. Release of information intake document

Have TheraNest create a Release of Information document that's included as part of the intake paperwork.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add addendum to signed clinical notes

Add addendums to progress notes, treatment plans, initial assessments and custom forms after these documents have been signed and locked.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  6. Autopopulate client information in custom forms and intake forms

When creating custom forms, it would be helpful to have the client information boxes be automatically added to the form, or to at least have the option to add them to the form. The same way would appear on progress notes and the initial assessments.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

Hello!
    Today we released a feature to Dynamic Forms called, Dynamic Fields! We started off with 5 fields for now and will look to UserVoice on what we should add next! Today you can add the fields: Client Name, Client ID, Date of Birth, Phone Number, and Email to your forms. These fields will auto-populate this information when used in Dynamic and Intake forms. We’re excited to grow this feature so please continue to contribute your ideas to push us forward!

7. Notify supervisors of completed treatment plans and initial assessments

Alert supervisors of completed treatment plans and initial assessments so they can review them and/or co-sign them.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The same supervisory workflow that exists for progress notes now applies to initial assessments and treatment plans! If a therapist needs their notes approved or co-signed by a supervisor, then a new Save & Submit to Supervisor(s) button is available that will send a notification to the supervisor(s), letting them know they need to review the document. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011288732-Supervising-Staff-Cases-and-Notes

8. Add template for Good Faith Estimate

Have TheraNest create a template for a Good Faith Estimate in Dynamic Forms.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The following forms have been added to your organization’s Dynamic Forms:

• Good Faith Estimate
    • Release of Information: HIPAA AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OR DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
    • Release of Information: Additional Consent for HIV/AIDS

These forms are currently archived. You’ll need to unarchive them in order to use them at your organization.

9. Print all progress notes within a date range

Allow me to print all notes within a given date range so that we can upload one file that includes all documentation in cases of an insurance audit.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new Audit Notes Report allows you to print all progress notes within a date range for a client’s case, so it’s easier to provide this documentation in case of an audit. Click here to learn more.

10. Make progress note Creation Date optional

HI there!
    I love using Theranest to input my client notes but the new "creation date" feature is not my favorite. I often write notes by hand and enter them in later when I have time. This feature makes progress notes inflexible and could potentially hurt us during an audit. Regardless of whether or not the work has been done.
    Theranest helps simplify our practice, however, this new feature only makes it more rigid and seems to be put in place to get others into trouble. Can this creation date field be made optional?

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  27 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  11. Archive Custom Forms

Add the ability to take an old custom form out of circulation without deleting all the same type of custom forms that have been filled out and are filed in active consumers charts

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make dropdown dynamic form element required

Almost all fields in the custom forms and new dynamic forms allow the creator to "require an answer" except the dropdown fields. Please add this option so that patients are required to make a choice among the dropdown options.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Indicate signed/unsigned note in progress note list

An indicator of notes that are not signed. There would be a red bubble next to their name or a vector of a note (like lined paper). Sometimes I think I've signed all my notes and then I go back to a client I haven't seen in a few weeks and realize their notes is still waiting.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  14. Resend Intake Forms/Custom Forms multiple times throughout treatment through Client Portal

It would be really nice and convenient if we had an option to send custom forms we create directly to clients which require it. There are certain forms that just wouldn't make sense for me to add to the intake without making it too long or irrelevant to some clients.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Mental Status option lists fully scrollable (not just containing 10 items)

In Progress Notes > Mental Status: when clicking within a space to enter a term for any of the Mental Status categories, I recommend programming the display to provide a fully scrollable list of all available descriptors rather than just displaying ten options at a time as is currently the case. (This would only apply to those categories for which more than ten options are available.)

If the user starts typing a descriptor, the list should start with the descriptor closest to the typed one as it currently does, but the list should be fully scrollable upward and downward to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  16. Save drafts of progress notes before forwarding for supervisor approval

When I save a progress note it gets sent to my supervisor for approval. Allow me to save a draft of the note so that I can continue editing it before it gets sent to my supervisor.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clicking the Save button in a progress note will now save the note as a draft without triggering the supervisory workflow. The new Save & Submit to Supervisor(s) button under the Save will notify your supervisor the progress note is ready to view or cosign.

17. Mental status drop-down list

When completing the Mental Status section of a progress note, bring back the drop-down lists that appeared under certain fields. It helped me ensure the text I was inputting was appropriate to the field.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When clicking into fields under the Mental Status or Risk Assessment sections of a progress note, the first 20 options will be displayed in a dropdown list. Check out our release notes for more information!

18. Add field for treatment progress to progress notes

On the progress note, add a field for Progress that allows me to indicate if the client is or is not making progress.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Two new fields have been added to progress notes allowing you to indicate if the client has made progress toward treatment. Stay up to date with TheraNest updated by checking out our Changelog!

19. Add an Progress & Response to Treatment section to notes template

I'd love to see a Progress & Response to Treatment assessment section added to the notes template with combination checkbox/item selection and text area to include options such as:
    Making progress,
    significant symptom reduction,
    limited progress,
    no change,
    regression,
    actively engaged in treatment,
    did not do assignment(s),
    passive,
    resistant to treatment.

Indicating progress is essential for supporting medical necessity and ethical practice.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Two new fields have been added to progress notes allowing you to indicate if the client has made progress toward treatment! To enable this field, edit the progress note template under Organization. If you’re looking for additional options as a selection, please head to our UserVoice forum and vote for the following idea: https://theranest.uservoice.com/forums/914431-theranest-app/suggestions/44119431-add-additional-options-to-client-progress.

20. Designate primary and secondary diagnosis

Add a space for primary diagnosis and a space for secondary diagnosis. In order to bill claims correctly, the first diagnosis on the initial diagnosis page is billed out to insurance as the primary diagnosis. If we accidentally have a substance use diagnosis on the list first, then it will get billed as the primary diagnosis and will get denied. We have to deleted all the diagnosis and make sure we add them in a specific order. If we had a space for primary diagnosis and a space for secondary diagnosis that would eliminate this problem.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When adding diagnostic codes to a client’s assessment or an addendum, you now have the option to select a classification for up to four billable diagnostic codes. The classification of the diagnostic codes will dictate the order in which they are listed on claims.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base