Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. Add note field to client ledger

I wish there was an area to put notes on the ledger! Some clients insurance's have different things that you have to do each time and if you don't remember to do them. It puts it back another month before payment or having to reprocess. If there was some kind of notification on the ledger page to see it when you go to process. It would be perfect.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

The Billing Notes field from the client's Bill To & Insurance Info is now available to view and edit on the client's ledger. Updates to the field in either location will be reflected in both places. 

2. Add ability to apply payments to invoices when processing ERA payments

Right now I have to mark everything as paid. In the same workflow of processing an ERA payment, add the ability to apply the payment to the relevant invoice and have it reflected in the client’s ledger.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If an ERA has no adjustments or its only adjustments are patient responsibility or contractual obligation, the payment will automatically be processed, and the adjustments will be added to the invoice. Additionally, when processing a single ERA payment on the ERA Received claim tab, the Actions drop-down menu allows you to Process Payment Adjustments, so you can write off the balance, shift the balance to the client, or leave it as insurance balance due. Click here to learn more!

3. Freeze calendar header when scrolling

We have several therapist on our calendar, and when you scroll down to put in an appointment it is easy to loss track of what column one is in.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Medications list in client details

Add a place to track medication information, to include med name, dose, frequency, and prescribing doc. This would help to track current medications, as well as medication changes as they come up. It can be hard to keep track of medications for each patient in the current system.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to announce that electronic prescriptions are now available in TheraNest! Our e-Prescribe feature allows you to manage medications, write prescriptions, and handle refills from inside your TheraNest account. Your clients’ prescription, medication and allergy history will be easily accessible within the client’s profile.

If you’re interested in signing up reach out to our Client Executive team at Sales@theranest.com.

We are continuously working to improve TheraNest and we appreciate your feedback on this suggestion!

5. Release of information intake document

Have TheraNest create a Release of Information document that's included as part of the intake paperwork.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add more options to scheduling time increments (1 min, 10 min, 50 min, etc.)

I'm not able to schedule clients at the time I need. I usually have 50 minute sessions, but that option is not available in my Calendar Preferences.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to the “Time scale in minutes” field on the Calendar Preferences page, adding some new options that are available to select. You’ll now be able to set appointments in increments of 1 minute, 10 minutes, 35 minutes, 40 minutes, 45 minutes, 50 minutes, 55 minutes and 90 minutes in addition to the options that were available prior to this release.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

7. Add addendum to signed clinical notes

Add addendums to progress notes, treatment plans, initial assessments and custom forms after these documents have been signed and locked.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  8. Autopopulate client information in custom forms and intake forms

When creating custom forms, it would be helpful to have the client information boxes be automatically added to the form, or to at least have the option to add them to the form. The same way would appear on progress notes and the initial assessments.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

Hello!
    Today we released a feature to Dynamic Forms called, Dynamic Fields! We started off with 5 fields for now and will look to UserVoice on what we should add next! Today you can add the fields: Client Name, Client ID, Date of Birth, Phone Number, and Email to your forms. These fields will auto-populate this information when used in Dynamic and Intake forms. We’re excited to grow this feature so please continue to contribute your ideas to push us forward!

9. Archive button on client detail screen

Please allow archiving and unarchiving from client details rather than the client list.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for client nickname or preferred name

Many of my clients do not go by their birth names due to gender transition or they prefer one that was a family given nickname. Billing still needs to go under legal name, but quickly finding them here would be easier if I could have nickname/chosen name field to search by.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow admins to change other staff members' availability

As an admin, allow me to manage the availability of my staff.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to: 

• Create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations.
    • Manage availability blocks for other staff members who are using Advanced Availability, and more! 

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

12. Multiple available times in a day

When setting my calendar availability, allow me to enter multiple time frames in a single day, such as Mondays from 8-11 AM and from 3-6 PM.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add new deductible fields to Bill To & Insurance information

Can we add the following things to filling and insurance for clients:

deductible:
    deductible amount met
    out of pocket max
    verified by (staff drop down box)

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

Client’s now have deductible and coinsurance fields available on the “Bill To & Insurance Info” tab in the web app, as well in the client portal.

14. Notify supervisors of completed treatment plans and initial assessments

Alert supervisors of completed treatment plans and initial assessments so they can review them and/or co-sign them.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The same supervisory workflow that exists for progress notes now applies to initial assessments and treatment plans! If a therapist needs their notes approved or co-signed by a supervisor, then a new Save & Submit to Supervisor(s) button is available that will send a notification to the supervisor(s), letting them know they need to review the document. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011288732-Supervising-Staff-Cases-and-Notes

15. Turn off automatic "Kept" appointment status change

Allow me to turn off the feature that automatically changes an appointment to "Kept" when the appointment time is reached. We want our schedulers/providers to update the status manually.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new setting under your organization's Profile will prevent appointments from automatically being changed to 'Kept' when the appointment time is reached.

16. Make Client Details printable

A sorely missing feature in TheraNest is the ability to print Client Details, whether for an individual client, selected clients, or for all clients. These printable lists should include all the info in Client Details that would be needed for reference in hard copy, e.g., addresses, contact info, emergency contact info. For example, a therapist who is covering my practice during an absence or vacation, will need an ID, contact, and emergency contact list for my clients. TheraNest needs to provide a way to produce printable Client Details lists for this and other record-keeping purposes.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add template for Good Faith Estimate

Have TheraNest create a template for a Good Faith Estimate in Dynamic Forms.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The following forms have been added to your organization’s Dynamic Forms:

• Good Faith Estimate
    • Release of Information: HIPAA AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OR DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
    • Release of Information: Additional Consent for HIV/AIDS

These forms are currently archived. You’ll need to unarchive them in order to use them at your organization.

18. Track client's insurance history

Have a way to keep track of old insurances. When a client switches insurance, you just have to delete their old one. There's no way to keep track of what insurance they had and when, if they switch. If we were allowed to archive insurance plans instead of completely deleting them, we'd still see a history of the insurance plans assigned to the client. Additionally, the old/expired insurance should be used for claims arising from invoices for services rendered before it's expiration.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released an update that enables you to record and view a client’s insurance history. Now, you no longer have to delete insurance information from a client’s Bill To & Insurance Info tab once coverage is no longer active. Instead you can easily mark old coverage as Inactive, enter a coverage end date and add the new active insurance information.

With this update, some billing functionality and layouts have changed. Please watch this short video to see all of the updates here: https://theranest.wistia.com/medias/dua9pzuzxl.

Find more help articles regarding the Insurance History update here: https://help.theranest.com/en/collections/22592-billing.

19. Upload image file as signature

Allow me to upload a jpeg or image file of my actual signature and use that for signing notes.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Process insurance single-use credit card payments

Allow me to process credit cards supplied by insurance companies. We have some payers that pay with single-use credit cards and I'd like to process these cards inside of TheraNest.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base