Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Manage reminders through client portal

Through the client portal, allow clients to set which reminders they want to receive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow other staff to view, approve or decline pending client portal appointment requets

Currently, if a client requests an appointment online, an alert is only sent to the therapist. As an office manager, I would like to be able to see all pending appointments so I can make sure they are getting approved within 24 hours.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow clients to upload files to the Client Portal

Allow clients the ability to upload files into the Client Portal, such as copies of insurance cards. It would be great if the files they uploaded displayed in the client's General Documents section in TheraNest.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customize portal appointment confirmation emails

When a client schedules an appointment through the client portal and I confirm it, allow me to customize the email message that is sent when their appointment is confirmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add alert when required fields are not completed in client intake forms

When clients miss a required field in their intake forms, they have to scroll down to the fields to see they've missed something instead of being alerted. I think making the warning more obvious could help, like a pop up or something like that.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow clients to fill out Additional Details in the Client Portal

The additional details page gets overlooked a lot and as a result, isn't filled in. Allow clients to fill out this information on the client portal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow clients to review and sign treatment plans from the client portal

If there can be a way that clients can review and sign their treatment plans through the portal and that finalized doc would then be downloadable, that would be great.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize client portal invite message

Allow me to customize the default client portal invitation message outside the invitation process so I don't have to change it every time I invite someone to the portal.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block client requested appointment time in calendar until confirmed/declined

Automatically block off time on the calendar when a client requests a new appointment until you confirm or deny the request. As it is, multiple clients can request the same time.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Send Client Portal Invite" option when adding a new client

At the bottom of each Add New Client box where we are putting in their name for the first time, to have a check box ‘send client portal invitation’ so we could check and send auto from there. And ideal if we get the option of whether to default that to yes or no – though I would imagine if we use the portal the most logical default would be to have that checked yes and we could uncheck if we needed.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically send intake forms when a new client is created

Having the option to email intake forms automatically pop-up when a new client is entere versus having to manually go to the client portal portion to lookup the client and then send the forms

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase visibility of the Submit button for intake forms on the client portal

Move the "Submit" button to a more prominent place because many of my clients miss the submit button since they have to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Client notes, assessments, documents available through the portal

I would love it if the tools we use for ongoing care, Release of Information, Minor Consent to Treat, the PCL 5 for trauma, the PHQ9 , the Beck Depression inventory could be available to complete electronically through the portal.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send reminder to clients if intake documents have not been completed

Allow me to send a reminder to my clients to complete intake forms that have been sent to them via the client portal.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow archived client's to access client portal

Allow archived clients to access the client portal so they can continue to make payments or request new appointments if needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a TheraNest client portal app for clients

I'd love to see the TheraNest app become usable for the clients, where they could open the app and send a message to us, quickly, rather than having to go to the web site to do so.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't allow certain fields to be updated in the client portal

Allow me to lock certain fields in the client portal from being updated by clients. For example, we don't want them to update their insurance on the portal because then it causes problems with our billing.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow clients to select from a list of available appointment times rather than selecting from the calendar

I would prefer having new and existing clients pick from a list of available start times (chosen by the therapist) rather than using the calendar. With some therapists having both top of the hour (1:00) and half hour start times (1:30) this makes it difficult for clients to know the therapists hours when scheduling. For example, they may click on 2:00-3:00 when on that day the therapist needs that appointment to be 2:30-3:30. This would mean having to call each client and tell them the actual appointment time therefore making the convenience of the self scheduling inconvenient.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow couples to schedule group appointments through the client portal

Allow a couple or family to schedule a group appointment on the client portal.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add setting when staff member is not accepting new clients

It would be nice for clinicians to check a box that took them off of the Therabook system for new clients but allow existing clients to request appointments. Currently the only way is to deny the new client's initial request for an appointment. This has the effect of misleading loosing potential clients.
    If this feature were added, clients could be notified by Therabook that the counselor is not accepting new clients at this time. This would be kinder treatment of new clients.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base