Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Remove Insurance Virtual Credit Card Payments from Client's Portal

Please removed the Virtual Insurance Credit Cards from the Client's Portal Payment History. It is confusing clients thinking their cards are being charged a large amount.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Set portal self-scheduling availability per client

Allow me to set when certain clients can self-schedule on the client portal. For example, I may want one set of clients to only be able to schedule on certain days (e.g., MWF) or certain times of the month (e.g, first and third weeks of the month).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Autosave portal forms

Autosave portal forms that clients are filling out. We've had clients not click the "save" button and lose all the information they entered, particularly with longer forms.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fill out an intake form more than once

If I send an intake form to a client through the portal, allow them to fill it out more than once. For example, we have some clients that need to complete multiple "releases".

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it easier for clients to compose portal messages from phone

Our clients are saying it's difficult to compose portal messages when using their mobile device. Make it easier for them to compose messages so we don't receive incomprehensible messages.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow clients access to invoices/superbills without credit card processing

Allow my clients to view and print their invoices and superbills from the client portal without having to sign up for credit card processing through TheraNest.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow clients to reply to portal message from unassigned staff

As an administrator, I sent a message to several clients but they were unable to reply because I was not assigned to the clients in TheraNest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't allow portal users to view credit cards of other contacts

If multiple people are added to a client's contact network, don't allow them to view each other's credit cards that are stored in the client portal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customize message when clients sign up for client portal via New Invitation Link

When I send the New Invitation Link to a client allow me to customize the message that appears above the signup box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Invitations  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow clients to journal in client portal

Create a feature that allows my clients to journal any thoughts they may have about sessions and progress and allow them to share their journal entries with the provider(s) assigned to their case.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make demographic fields on client portal required

Allow me to make certain demographic fields that appear on the client portal required.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Request appointment location change through client portal

Allow a client to request a change to their appointment location (e.g. from in-person to telehealth or vice versa) without having to cancel the appointment and request a whole new one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep appointments in "Upcoming" until end of session

It is very confusing for clients who attempt join a telehealth session via their calendae appointment at 1 minute past the session (or more) to discover they cannot find their appointment listed in the "upcoming appointments" folder.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Clients Complete forms before scheduling appointments

A suggestion for the design team…I mean this in a helpful way...it would be so nice to be able to use the “new appointment” link as an initial connect with prospective clients then have them be able to go back in (once they’ve signed up for my services) and complete the portal/forms. I tried a practice run of this process but they cannot see the forms once I invite them into the portal.

It’s just easier for them to see the appointment scheduler right away rather than having to sign into the portal first and then find the appointments section.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Client Notes on Customize Grid

If you could please add "client notes" as an option for "customize grid" on the "Clients" tab it would be greatly appreciated. This would streamline many of our processes and save a lot of time for our practice. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow clients to sign progress notes from Client Portal

Allow clients to review and sign progress notes from the Client Portal.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update name fields on client portal to "Preferred"

Currently, when clients sign up for the portal, they are prompted to enter their first and last name. In order to make the portal (and therefore my clinical care) affirming of transgender clients, the portal should instead specifically ask for clients' "preferred first and last name."

If a clinician also wants to know the client's legal name, they can ask for it on one of the customizable forms in the portal.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Filter out insurance payments - Payment history

The ability to filter out insurance payments on the clients payment history.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add alert to client for cancellation penalties

Allow users to create custom pop-ups for client cancellations and reschedules, so that if a client gets online to cancel an appointment within the "penalty period" (such as 12 hours or 24 hours prior to the appointment), s/he will be warned/reminded that this will result in a cancellation fee.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow clients to schedule recurring appointments through the Client Portal

Many of my clients want to schedule weekly sessions and it is a hassle for them to need to click through EVERY week and make an appointment for the same time. I could see this losing potential clients for therapists and then causing those therapists to move from theranest because of the problems.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base