Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

84 results found

1. Allow clients to review and sign treatment plans from the client portal

If there can be a way that clients can review and sign their treatment plans through the portal and that finalized doc would then be downloadable, that would be great.

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow clients to upload files to the Client Portal

Allow clients the ability to upload files into the Client Portal, such as copies of insurance cards. It would be great if the files they uploaded displayed in the client's General Documents section in TheraNest.

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make demographic fields on client portal required

Allow me to make certain demographic fields that appear on the client portal required.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Send reminder to clients if intake documents have not been completed

Allow me to send a reminder to my clients to complete intake forms that have been sent to them via the client portal.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Block client requested appointment time in calendar until confirmed/declined

Automatically block off time on the calendar when a client requests a new appointment until you confirm or deny the request. As it is, multiple clients can request the same time.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Require credit card on file on the Client Portal

Require the client to input a credit card number on the client portal before they can schedule or submit intake paperwork.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have fields on intake forms copy to fields in TheraNest

If I send a client an intake form and there are fields included that match fields in TheraNest (e.g., in the client's details), then when the client fills out the form have those same fields update in TheraNest so I don't have to copy the information over.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow clients to select from a list of available appointment times rather than selecting from the calendar

I would prefer having new and existing clients pick from a list of available start times (chosen by the therapist) rather than using the calendar. With some therapists having both top of the hour (1:00) and half hour start times (1:30) this makes it difficult for clients to know the therapists hours when scheduling. For example, they may click on 2:00-3:00 when on that day the therapist needs that appointment to be 2:30-3:30. This would mean having to call each client and tell them the actual appointment time therefore making the convenience of the self scheduling inconvenient.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Print paid invoices and superbills from the client portal

Allow clients to print and download paid invoices and superbills, or invoices and superbills with no balance, from the client portal.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep appointments in "Upcoming" until end of session

It is very confusing for clients who attempt join a telehealth session via their calendae appointment at 1 minute past the session (or more) to discover they cannot find their appointment listed in the "upcoming appointments" folder.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select which individuals in contact network get intake forms (Family Accounts)

Within a client's contact network, allow me to select who gets access to which forms. In the case of divorced parents, sometimes mom doesn't want to see what dad fills out and vice versa. Or in the case of guardians, the guardian may need to fill out an intake form but shouldn't have access to the client's therapeutic documents unless given consent by the client.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only allow client portal account creation through invitation

Only allow my clients to create a client portal account if they've received an invitation from me. I don't want them signing up on their own.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow clients to sign progress notes from Client Portal

Allow clients to review and sign progress notes from the Client Portal.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Track sent, pending, accepted client portal invitations

I have sent Therabook invitations to several clients at one time, but then maybe one or two don't always sign in to the portal in a timely manner. A week or two passes, and then I can't remember who I have sent invitations to and who I maybe overlooked. It would be helpful to track how long it's been since the invitation was sent and to be able to send reminder emails for them to log in and complete the forms/intake.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Admin →
  15. Add credit card information in the portal that populates in TheraNest

Allow clients to add their credit card information on the portal (without having to make a payment) that will then populate into TheraNest so I don't have to manually transfer credit card numbers from credit card authorization/consent forms.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorporate outcome tracking in client portal

It would be great if you had space for multiple form entries through the client portal -- to track weekly outcomes, or outcomes by each visit.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Client notes, assessments, documents available through the portal

I would love it if the tools we use for ongoing care, Release of Information, Minor Consent to Treat, the PCL 5 for trauma, the PHQ9 , the Beck Depression inventory could be available to complete electronically through the portal.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a TheraNest client portal app for clients

I'd love to see the TheraNest app become usable for the clients, where they could open the app and send a message to us, quickly, rather than having to go to the web site to do so.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add setting when staff member is not accepting new clients

It would be nice for clinicians to check a box that took them off of the Therabook system for new clients but allow existing clients to request appointments. Currently the only way is to deny the new client's initial request for an appointment. This has the effect of misleading loosing potential clients.
    If this feature were added, clients could be notified by Therabook that the counselor is not accepting new clients at this time. This would be kinder treatment of new clients.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remind clients through Client Portal when invoices have not been paid

Allow me to remind clients through the client portal after so many days if an invoice hasn't been paid.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base