Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. Allow sorting in the client list

Currently the columns in the client list can't be sorted. It would be nice to be able to sort ascending/descending alphabetically, balance due, etc.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid with sorting available in the following columns: Client Name, DOB, Age, Date Added, Intake Date, Primary/Secondary Payer, Total/Client/Insurance Balance Due, Total Kept Appointments, and First/Last Kept/Next Appointment. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

2. Add view for "All" clients in Client List

Add an additional filter to the client list that let's us see both active and archived clients in the client list.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add ability to select the time zone for each appointment

Give an option to set time zone by location, or by therapist....for multi-city agencies in different time zones.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Locations can now have a time zone different from the organization's time zone.  Appointment reminders for the location will now send in the location time zone (set to the organization time zone by default).  Time zone codes (e.g., ET, CT, PT, etc.) can be added to your text and email reminder templates with the new {{LocationTimeZone}} placeholder.

4. Show balance due on agenda

When checking out clients, we don't always go to the ledger, and if there is an outstanding balance on their account, there is no way to see it on dashboard or calendar to remind us! What if they don't have a copay so they dont normally pay but they failed an appt so they now have a fee. I wish this could be on the dashboard to automatically see, like the co-pay is!

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use only client initials when alerted about a calendar change

It would be so helpful if the alerts generated when someone changes a client's appointment used client initials instead of their full name. For example, if an office manager needs to cancel an appointment for a therapist, the therapist would receive an email saying "Your appointment with P.Q. was changed to cancelled" rather than including the client's full name. This would help with HIPPA compliance for practices without secure email (most of us!). Thank you!

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification of Credit Card about to Expire

Send admins a notification when a client's credit card is about to expire.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Staff members with the Billing permission will receive an in-app alert on the first of the month for any saved client credit cards that expire that month. Additionally, the expiration date is now displayed when viewing a client’s saved credit cards.

7. Create telehealth link when confirming appointment from the portal

When a client schedules a telehealth appointment from the portal, have the link created when I confirm the appointment so I don't have to edit the appointment and click the Telehealth checkbox.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to: 

• Create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations.
    • Manage availability blocks for other staff members who are using Advanced Availability.
    • Allow clients to request appointments on the Client Portal during your available blocks.
    • Allow clients to request Telehealth appointments on the Client Portal. When confirmed, the appointment will be saved as a Telehealth appointment with the session link.

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

8. Set default view for the schedule

Allow me to set a default view for my schedule. For example, allow me to have my calendar default to week view instead of having it default to the agenda view.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow exporting Client List to PDF/CSV

Allow me to download the client list as a PDF or CSV file.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display client's time zone in appointment reminders

We service clients in other states and in different time zones than our organization. Include a time zone in appointment reminders because sometimes clients call confused because no time zone is displayed and they think there's been a scheduling mistake.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Locations can now have a time zone different from the organization's time zone.  Appointment reminders for the location will now send in the location time zone (set to the organization time zone by default).  Time zone codes (e.g., ET, CT, PT, etc.) can be added to your text and email reminder templates with the new {{LocationTimeZone}} placeholder.

11. View payer on batch invoicing

When creating new invoices under Batch Invoicing, allow me to view the client's primary payer.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make dropdown dynamic form element required

Almost all fields in the custom forms and new dynamic forms allow the creator to "require an answer" except the dropdown fields. Please add this option so that patients are required to make a choice among the dropdown options.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Organize credit cards on file and manually select default credit card

Add ability to choose a default client credit card.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! You now have the ability to select the default credit card on file for clients. Clients also have the ability to select their default credit card from their Client Portal account.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

14. Indicate signed/unsigned note in progress note list

An indicator of notes that are not signed. There would be a red bubble next to their name or a vector of a note (like lined paper). Sometimes I think I've signed all my notes and then I go back to a client I haven't seen in a few weeks and realize their notes is still waiting.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  15. Add column for Client ID to Archived Clients list

The updated archived clients list does not have a column for client ID for archived clients, so it makes them impossible to find if you do not know the client name.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to the Archived Client List with a new column for Client ID. This column is searchable making it easier to find archived clients with this information.

We are continuously working to improve TheraNest and we appreciate your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

16. Allow printing of secure messages

Make secure messages printable or take away the recently viewed clients section to be able to print out the messages.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group Telehealth Sessions

I need the ability for "conference calls" with Telehealth sessions. I have many military couples located in different locations.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

Group telehealth sessions were released today, allowing up to 6 participants on telehealth calls. You can activate this exciting new feature from the “Manage Subscriptions” section in TheraNest.

18. Add link to client portal in client invoice/superbill/statement emails

When I client gets emailed an invoice it would be VERY helpful if they could click a link to portal to make payment. Within the emailed invoice it could read: "Please make payment by logging into your account at www.xxxxxxx.com or, call office to make payment over the phone.""

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know that this feature request has been completed! Today we released an update to billing related emails generated from the Ledger, Statement, Batch Statements and Batch Invoices so they now include a link for clients to log into the client portal. This makes it easier for your clients to quickly access their client portal account and pay for services.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

19. Send staff alert when client sends text message outside of appointment reminder

As a therapist, I get an alert if the client responds from a text reminder but not if they send a text outside of an appointment reminder. For example, I asked a client through text to come in 2 hours early. Because it is not an appointment reminder, I am not notified that they replied back to that message. I have to remember who I texted and then go to log to see if they saw my text and responded.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show last kept appointment on Client List

Client list currently shows date the client became "Active". It would be super helpful to see the date of their last appointment. This would help the clinician know if they should reach out to the client, if the client is still active, or if they should archive.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for clients’ Last Kept Appointment. This column is sortable and searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base