Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1557 results found

1. Add "Next..." and "Previous..." buttons to Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes

For treatment review purposes, it is often necessary to browse through existing Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes for a particular client. Currently, TheraNest makes it necessary to exit a Contact Log, Treatment Plan, or Progress Note, go back to the master list for each type of note, and then select the next desired note to review.
    This can become very cumbersome and even annoying if a lot of browsing is necessary.

Adding “Next…” | “Previous…” buttons at the top of each relevant page (next to “Print” and “Save”) would make forward and backward browsing through existing Contact Logs,…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Make it possible to filter clients by insurance type and within that by age, gender, etc.

For a lot of our programs we have to run reports on different demographics and there seems to be no easy way to do it. It would be great if we could have different programs and be able to run stats/demographic info in the individual programs. I know for us that would help tremendously.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a genogram builder function

A genogram is a graphic representation of a family tree that displays detailed data on relationships among individuals. It goes beyond a traditional family tree by allowing the user to analyze hereditary patterns and psychological factors that punctuate relationships. Genograms allow a therapist to quickly identify and understand various patterns in the client's family history which may have had an influence on the client's current state of mind.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expand features for handling child/minor clients (notes, contacts, intake etc.)

Create a separate feature for reminder calls & email that include a parent contact. or a box that differentiates between a child client versus an adult client, therefore insurance information and contact information would be specialized.

It would be nice, if you work with children, to have child friendly notes as well as a section specifically in regards to separation / divorce - a place to list information such as custody arrangements, etc.

Minor child clients require additional informed consents. It would be helpful to be able to customize which intake forms go to new clients when inviting them to…

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Indicate if appointment was cancelled by staff or by client

Add ability to indicate whether an appointment was cancelled by a staff member or a client

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow supervisor information on invoice

We are having serious issues with the "staff provider" and "billing provider" option, to the extent of being accused of insurance fraud by insurance companies. We have an active training program in which clinicians-in-training (e.g., psychology interns/externs, social workers working on clinical hours) work under the license of a supervisor; insurance companies require the license # and NPI for BOTH clinicians (supervisor and trainee) and we do not have a way to denote this inside of Theranest.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to duplicate filled out dynamic forms

Allow me to duplicate dynamic forms that have already been filled out.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add area for insurance adjusted rate

when recording payments from insurance companies, the eob includes their adjusted (less paid) amount. this should not be recorded as a write off but an insurance adjustment. write off is a debt expected but not paid. Add a link next to write-off that says adjustment.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add billing alerts or notifications to calendar view

ability to see which appts have been billed & which have been paid by insurance & those w/ open balances & all pd w/ abbreviations from the calendar view

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send mass email or text alert to clients without client portal subscription

When there are weather cancellations or office closing, allow text messages / emails to be generated like appt confirmations.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include Insurance company phone number on Insurance tab

When working on billing kinks for the insurance company, it would be helpful to have the insurance phone number field present on the insurance/billing screen.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add client check in functionality

Add a way for client services, office manager, or secretary to mark that client has arrived and checked-in for their appointment to reduce the need for frequent checking of the lobby or interruptions to sessions. Send an alert to the staff member when the client has checked in.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bulk export clinical documentation for multiple clients

Allow me to print/download clinical notes for multiple clients across multiple cases at once instead of having to go into each client separately.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a feature to track invoices and client statements by number

I would like to be able to run a report by invoice number. This way I can be sure that all invoices are accounted for. This would be especially helpful since we have two clinicians and two locations that generate invoices.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add report that will pull information filled in from dynamic forms

There are specific fields that we use with our clients, such as household size, and past military service information. It would be great to be able to export or download a spreadsheet with the clients' names and this additional field data.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow percentages in addition to dollar amounts for copay column

Manyy of my clients are responsible for a percentage of their services as opposed to a fixed copay amount. However, I don't see a way to have that show up on the dashboard like the copay in dollars does. This would be really helpful to be able too see as well.

For example, if my client's insurance requires them to pay 20% of the bill, it woould be nice to see in the copay section on the dashboard $20 for a service that is billed at $100 or $40 for a $200 service, etc. It would make processing clients in…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Attach files and multimedia files to clinical documentation

Allow me to attach files and multimedia files (photos, audio files, etc.) to my clinical documentation (progress notes, initial assessments, etc.).

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select email address when sending superbill

If I see a patient (child) but send their superbill via email to another person (parent), I would like to have email addresses for both in my database. When I go to email superbill, it would help if I could pick which email address from a drop-down menu to send to.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer calendar syncing with Microsoft Outlook

Allow me to sync my TheraNest calendar with the Microsoft Outlook web app and Microsoft Office 365.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enter clients as a couple or family

Allow me to enter clients as couples or families. I see mostly couples and I prefer not to split them up in TheraNest.

839 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base