Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add client portal messages to contact log

When I get a message through the Client Portal secure messaging, allow me to add it to the contact log so I can keep a record of all communication in one place.

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Client birthday reminders

Remind me when it's a client's birthday so that I can wish them a happy birthday during our next session.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send mass email or text alert to clients without client portal subscription

When there are weather cancellations or office closing, allow text messages / emails to be generated like appt confirmations.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide automatic alerts for missing progress notes

It would be helpful to be able to select a client and the system automatically alert you to missing progress notes.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Appointment reminders tailored to each client

Ability to choose what type of reminder each different client would like to receive (email, text, call or multiple).

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send secure message/email to people outside organization

Allow me to send secure and HIPAA-compliant emails from TheraNest to individuals outside of my organization (such as insurance, other care providers, etc.).

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send appointment reminders more than once

Allow me to set up appointment reminders so they get sent more than once before the client's appointment. For example, I may want to send a reminder two days prior and one day prior.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notify me when client turns 18

Notify me when a client turns 18 as there are new forms/protocols that need to be filled out as they transition to adult counseling.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remind staff when treatment plans are due

Set an alert to remind the therapist that the Treatment Plan is due after the 3rd visit

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alert for when a client has been closed for 7 years

Have a program that will keep track of the date that you "archive" a client as a close out-and you will be alerted when the file has been closed for 7 years-so you know when you are able to shred the paper documents. And then to also be able to fully delete the client from TheraNest.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notify staff when intake forms/custom forms have been completed

The progress notes would alert the assign supervisor that the note is completed and awaiting their review. Being as though I have a PRP agency, we do not use the forms that you guys have therefore I had to create forms that fit our agency. I love the feature that the supervisor would receive an alert to approve a note however I need this feature to work for custom forms. Also I suggest that custom forms be made available on the mobile IOS app. Thanks

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow printing of secure messages

Make secure messages printable or take away the recently viewed clients section to be able to print out the messages.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notification for client portal account creation

Notify me when a client registers for the client portal so I can follow up with a phone call if they don't schedule an appointment.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set different times for each type of appointment reminder

Allow me to have each type of appointment reminder scheduled to go out at different times. For example, I may want to send email reminders 3 days before the appointment and a text reminder the day before.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement read receipts for client secure messages

I'm suggesting read receipts for messages sent TO clients through the client portal messaging.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Archive or delete practice chat messages

Allow me to delete or archive practice chat message threads.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Messaging app

Please integrate the client portal messaging into the phone app. Also, make it so you can copy and paste from your phone into client portal messages via the website. Thank you!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrating spell check / auto correct for messages sent to the clients

When composing a message to a client, I've noticed when I've misspelled a word, auto correct or spell check does not populate. Is there a way to integrate this feature?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging & Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to specify one email address that Theranest correspondence comes from

Change it in the system to make all our portal notices (i.e. intake forms / statements etc) come from our admin email address (i.e. contact@practicename.com) rather than the individual email addresses each person uses to login.

Per Theranest: "There's not currently a way to set one specific email address for Client Portal invites and forms to come from. Depending on the staff member signed in and doing the sending, that will be the email address the message will come from -- their email address on file in TheraNest."

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send alert when clients enter or update information in Client Portal

The client portal can be used for new clients to enroll but if they misclick or forget something we could easily be missing out on new clients. I am suggesting you work on a notification system that notifies someone when a new client has entered something even with out submitting intakes paperwork.. this way we can reach out to them and see if they need help.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base