Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

110 results found

1. Be able to specify one email address that Theranest correspondence comes from

Change it in the system to make all our portal notices (i.e. intake forms / statements etc) come from our admin email address (i.e. contact@practicename.com) rather than the individual email addresses each person uses to login.

Per Theranest: "There's not currently a way to set one specific email address for Client Portal invites and forms to come from. Depending on the staff member signed in and doing the sending, that will be the email address the message will come from -- their email address on file in TheraNest."

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Remove deactivated staff from practice chat

Remove all staff that have been deactivated from practice chat, otherwise, it's hard to find the person I'm looking for.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Send secure message alert to client's secondary email address

It would be great if the email sent to clients alerting of a secure message could be sent to both the primary and secondary email addresses on file in TheraNest. This would be especially helpful for minor clients with divorced parents.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automated birthday message to clients

Allow me to set a birthday message that is automatically sent to clients on their birthday.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Customize first appointment email

Allow me to customize the first appointment email so I can include text about our cancellation policy or invite them to join the client portal.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include location in email when appointment is scheduled

Include the location information when the automatic email is sent to a client when an appointment is scheduled. Otherwise, they don't see the location until the appointment reminder is sent.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sound alert for new practice chat message

Allow me to turn on the option to receive an audible alert when I receive a new practice chat message.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notify staff when they have been assigned a new client

Send a notification to the staff member when a new client or prospective has been assigned to them.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate appointment reminder preferences

Allow me to set a client's appointment reminder preferences that are separate from other communication. For example, a client may not want to receive emailed reminders but they do want to receive other communication via email.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Draft secure messages

When sending a secure message to a client, allow me to compose and save a draft. I may need to jot some things down and then come back to edit and send later.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify me if I have unsigned progress notes

Send me a notification or have an alert appear letting me know that I have unsigned progress notes. Sometimes I miss signing some and I'd like to catch it before an admin notifies me.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create away message for practice chat

Allow me to create an away message for practice chat so other staff members know why I'm not responding.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send confirmation to client if they confirm or cancel through a text reminder

If a client receives a text reminder and they confirm or cancel through the reminder, send them a confirmation that they have confirmed or canceled their appointment because sometimes they cancel and then show up to their appointment.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Specify type of notifications for different actions/triggers

I want to choose whether I get notifications about certain things in TheraNest and how those notifications are sent. For certain things, an in-app alert is enough, but for other things I might want to be alerted in several ways (like text, email and in-app).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notify admins and therapists of non-standard appointment reminder responses

When a client receives an appointment reminder and sends a non-standard reply, send a notification to the admins and therapist so that they can follow up if needed.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Alert in TheraNest for Intake Docs Submitted

It seems the only "Alerts" coming into TheraNest itself are for payments and cancellations made through the Client Portal.

I want to see more robust Alert functionality, more specifically for documents clients submit. As of now, I can only receive notifications that Clients have submitted Intake Documents via e-mail. I would like to have the option of receiving those alerts in the Alert Notifications inside TheraNest.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text notification for client portal messages

Send me a text notification when a client sends a message through the client portal.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notify admins of information changes in client portal

As an administrator, notify me when a client makes changes to their information in the client portal (e.g., address, payment method, phone number, etc.).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow copying and pasting text from secure messages

Allow me to copy and paste information that is sent or received from a secure message. Sometimes we have standard messages that we send clients and it would be easier to copy and paste from an old message.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add portal messages to client's general documents

When I receive a secure message from a client through the client portal, allow me to transfer or save that message to the client's general documents so I can a record of their communication in one place.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base