Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

19 results found

1. Report of clients by insurance payer

It would be great to be have a Client List per Insurance/Insurer as a quick reference to who has what insurance.

339 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

48 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes columns for clients’ Primary and Secondary Insurance Payers. These columns are sortable and searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3903355-view-clients-by-insurer-or-payer

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

2. Store "Customize Grid" selections

When I adjust the grids for client statements or other reports using the "Customize Grid" dropdown, I want it to save my choices so when I direct away from and return to the page, the options selected previously are pre-selected.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! When you customize the grid in any report (including the client list) your selections will stick! No more having to reselect your preferences every time you navigate to that page! Please note that this is browser and device specific. Example: You made selections on a laptop. Those selections will not appear on your iPad. Selections will erase after clearing your browser cache as well.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

3. Create a report showing clients with no appointments scheduled

It would be great if you could provide some way to highlight clients who do not have an appointment scheduled for a future date either through a report or some kind of notation in the client list. I routinely want to check to make sure that my client's are scheduled for an appointment or if we need to follow up with them. However, I currently have to search through each client's record manually in order to determine which clients are not scheduled.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for clients’ Next Appointment. This column is sortable and searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. To find clients who have no upcoming appointments, simply search for “-” and any client who has no future appointment scheduled will be shown in the results. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3903811-view-clients-with-no-upcoming-appointments

4. Create report for client's contact information

We would like to be able to have a report that could give us all of our clients contact information. Example: If we could get a report with all of our clients emails so we could send them our company newsletter at the same time.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that include columns for clients’ Home Phone, Mobile Phone and Email address. These columns are searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

5. Payroll Report by Appointment Staff

Have the option to run the Payroll Report by Appointment Staff

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  6. Billing report by insurance payer

We need a way to break out billed amounts and payments by insurance company. The report should let us filter by different date types and insurance payer.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters, customizable field selections (including insurance payer), new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats.

7. Add service types filter to Retention Rate report

This report is meant to track retention of THERAPY clients, as it is not necessary to track retention for shorter term clients. But by including all service types, such as evaluations, this table/report as-is is useless, as the 1 and 2-5 column numbers are brought down by something like an evaluation where a client is only supposed to come once or twice. So we have no idea what the actual therapy retention rates are. I have to warn new therapists the table deflates their therapy retention rates by including all services. This could be one of the best tools in…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow billing reports to be filtered by staff/therapist

in reports-allow payment methods, credit card charges, etc. to be filtered by therapist/staff as well

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters, customizable field selections (allowing filtering by billing provider, rendering provider, and/or appointment staff), new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats.

9. Daily Billing report by date of service (not date entered)

Please please please have the ability to run the daily billing report by date of service instead of date entered. I have to manually calculate the corrects date of service and clients for payments which takes a long time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters, customizable field selections, new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats.

10. Report view for payment type

I'd like to see a report view feature that will allow you to see different payment types without going into each case one by one. For example, I will service 20 individuals in a day. I'd like to be able to see who and how much was charged to credit vs cash transactions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  11. Report on Communication Preferences by Client

There are communication preferences for each client (e.g. Do not contact by email, do not contact by phone, etc.). Allow me to run a report that includes this information, so that if I want to send a mass email to clients I know who to exclude.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

The client export list has been updated to include the client’s communication preferences! When navigating to Organization → Export Data, you’ll be able to view which clients have opted out of text, email, or phone communications so you can quickly see which clients prefer to be contacted by a certain method.

12. Report on authorizations

Allow me to run a report where I can view all of the authorization information for my clients so I don't have to go into each one individually.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

Our Enhanced Authorizations feature is now available to all organizations, which now includes detailed reporting on your client's authorizations. 

13. Credit card on file report

can you add a credit card on file or not on file indicator to our export client data?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for client Card on File. Filter this column by Yes, No or All to see if clients have an authorized/verified credit card on file. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

14. Improve CSV export of Daily Billing report

I export data from reports on a regular basis to analyze many different aspects of our business. I find that many of the reports export only in a "report" format which severely hinders my ability to sort data in the many different ways I need to. When the "date" of daily billing is restricted to only a "header" and not populated to each line of the data populating the detail of the billing...there is no easy, time saving way to sort and subtotal in other ways. Could you allow exports to include all data elements, per line, as if it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters, customizable field selections, new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats.

15. Billing report by service date (excluding payments by payment date)

Add new report, or filter in existing report so that you can view payments by service date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters (including service date), customizable field selections, new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats. This will allow you to see payment amounts by service date or invoice date or payment date.

16. Filter authorization reports to remove archived clients

Allow me to filter the authorization reports to include/exclude archived clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a redesigned Daily Billing Report with new date filters, customizable field selections (including CPT codes), new external filters, and improved CSV/PDF export formats.

18. Staff Billing

When selecting the dates to run the report, that actually shows me from the date I selected to the date I selected. I just ran a report where I selected the 10th of the month and it is showing me clients from the 9th. And also show real time of the collected amount column. It is showing me $0 when I know it has being collected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase length of time activities are stored in the Activity Log

Increase length of time activities are stored in the Activity Log. Currently it's limited to the past 60 days.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Activity logs shown in web app changed from 60 to 120 days.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base