Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. To-do task checklist & reminder feature

I have used another practice management program that had a feature that had a "to do list" feature that reminded you of anything missing from all client files. So for example, the to do list might itemize missing progress notes, missing demographic info, etc. It looked like this:

"Do progress note for John Doe's therapy session on 10/10/17"
    "Enter demographic information for Jane Doe"
    "Missing insurance and billing information for Joe Blow"
    "Create a treatment plan for Joe Blow"
    "Create a termination note for Client X since there have not been any appointments for 60 days"

Great if we can…

913 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi everyone! We have released the core functionality of the Task List, and will continue to add enhancements in the coming months. Improvements to come include reminder notifications, the ability to assign a task to someone else, and automatic task additions.  Please suggest and vote on these improvements in UserVoice so we can determine which ones to work on first! 

2. Add organization logo to custom forms

Have my organization's logo displayed at the top of printed custom forms or intake forms.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Upload image file as signature

Allow me to upload a jpeg or image file of my actual signature and use that for signing notes.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to set a default place of service in Organization Settings

Add the ability to set a default for place of service in my organization settings. Staff members could still manually override the default in the progress note or invoice, but in our admin settings I would pick which Place of Service option would be the default across our organization.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that includes a new setting in your Organization Settings that allows you to to set a default place of service for your entire organization. Learn more here: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3994347-set-a-default-place-of-service-for-your-organization

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

5. Remove access to edit custom forms from therapist permissions

Only an administrator should have access to create custom forms and put more formating such as importing demographic information.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New permissions have been made available for Dynamic Forms! You can now choose whether users with the Therapist permissions can add, edit, and archive Dynamic Forms. Click “What’s New” in TheraNest for more information.

6. Select organization default place of service for telehealth appointments

Allow me to set whether telehealth appointments should default place of service 10 or 2 when turning the automatic telehealth place of service setting on for my organization.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under your organization's settings, you can now specify whether the default telehealth Place of Service is Telehealth (02) or Telehealth Provided in Patient’s Home (10)

7. Add address to Staff Details page

Allow me to record a staff member's home address in their staff details.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow office admin staff access to Custom forms

Design permissions where the front desk staff can see custom forms without having therapists access

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New permissions have been made available for Dynamic Forms! Users with the Default Permissions can now view and create entries for Dynamic Forms. Click “What’s New” in TheraNest for more information.

9. Remove organization address from intake forms

Remove the address from the intake forms (e.g., informed consent). I only practice telehealth and I don't want my home address appearing on the form.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unarchive service types

Allow me to unarchive a service type after it's been archived so I don't have to recreate it if it becomes active again or if it accidentally gets archived.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make task list more visible

Make my tasks more visible so I don't forget what I need to do.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change client dropdown to search when adding a task

When adding a task to the task list, change the client dropdown to a search. We have a lot of clients in our system and it takes too long to scroll.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now search for clients in the Associate with client field when adding a new task to link clients faster rather than scrolling through the list.

13. Have a separate appointment reminder for telehealth

Allow me to customize an appointment reminder template for just telehealth sessions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your organization subscribes to our integrated Telehealth solution, a new Telehealth appointment reminder template is now available for phone, text, and emailed appointment reminders. If you have reminders enabled, your existing email and text reminder templates have been copied over. A default template is provided for phone reminders. These can be customized to provide specific information to your clients about Telehealth appointments.

14. Add Place of Service permissions to Therapist permission level

Having the Notes with Place of Service is great but if the therapists can’t change it themselves then it doesn’t actually help billers.

Place of Service should be part of permissions Therapists already have.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have released a new optional therapist permission to change the place of service on progress notes.

15. View a staff member's availability from their profile

When a staff member has set their availability from their calendar preferences, allow me to view that availability from their staff profile.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new Availability view is now available on the Calendar allowing you to see when staff members are available. 

Additionally, our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta. This feature allows you to create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

16. Create an option where you can lock rooms

We have 5 rooms and 12 therapists. I need to be able to lock a room once a therapist is scheduled in it so another therapist cannot schedule the same room at the same time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add AUDIT as an intake form

Have TheraNest add the AUDIT to the list of intake forms so that I don't have to create it myself.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AUDIT-C has been added to your organization's Dynamic Forms. This form is currently archived. You’ll need to unarchive it to use it at your organization.

18. email address

It would be nice to use the same email address when a client has several children from the same family that need to be invited to the client portal. Mom said she is not creating another email address to keep up with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow staff with "Therapist" permissions to Share New Form(s)

Allow staff with "Therapist" permissions to "Share New Form(s)" under the General Documents tab so that they can request clients to complete screening tools (e.g., PHQ-9, GAD-7, custom forms) as needed instead of needing to contact someone with administrative permissions. to share a new form.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

Mark the box under default permissions and your therapists will be able to invite to the client portal in addition to sending new forms!

20. Create recurring tasks

Allow me to create a task that repeats at a given time interval.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base