Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Client authorization tracking by date and remaining sessions

Often we are given an authorization for a certain number of units and/or sessions and need to track how many units/sessions we have left to alert us to send in an authorization request. Allow me to set this up so that TheraNest can alert me when we reach a certain number of sessions left, so that I can call and get another auth.

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Authorizations can now be created exactly how they are received from payers! When creating an authorization, you can now specify the start and end date, link service types, view authorization statuses when creating an appointment (if enabled), and track the authorization by units or sessions. A new report is available to help you track utilization of authorizations across all clients. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/11747874480148

2. Add log of when statements/invoices/superbills are emailed to clients

It would be great if there was a record on each client's ledger when the last statement or invoice was sent to them. We need to be able to track dates of when invoices/statements were sent to clients in order to give them a 2nd Notice or 3rd Notice of payment due.

314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Activity Log will now include a record of when statements, invoices, and superbills are emailed to the client. Check out our release notes for more information!

3. Integrate Quickbooks with Theranest (or other accounting software)

We need a way to let our CPA keep our numbers in check without compromising patient data. It would be nice to have everything in one place without having to enter everything in Theranest as well as enter it into Quickbooks a second time for book keeping purposes. If there was a way to have our billing data dump into Quickbooks so that our accountant could just access that de-identified data we would be so happy!!! Otherwise Theranest is awesome!

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have released a new “Export Transactions” feature in the Billing section of TheraNest, which lets you export all payments and refunds into a .CSV file. The file can then be imported into a number of third party accounting software products, like QuickBooks Online.

4. Add ability to apply write-offs to invoices when processing ERA payments

In the same workflow of processing and applying an ERA payment, add the ability to write-off any remaining insurance balance due and have it reflected in the client's ledger.

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A write-off can be applied for any remaining balance when processing an ERA payment. The “Actions” menu next to an ERA payment now includes a selection to “Process and write off balance”, which will apply the payment to the invoices and create a write-off equal to the remaining insurance balance due.

5. Check insurance eligibility within TheraNest

Allow for direct inquiry of a new patient's insurance eligibility. I can do this by logging in to Office Ally or the websites maintained by each insurance company, but it would be marvelous to have this capability built into Theranest.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve usability and customization of Client Statements

The statement needs a total makeover. Some suggestions:

• Make balance due clearer to clients. Having 4 different totals at the bottom is confusing. Only need an outstanding patient responsibility total and an insurance total. The combination totals are not necessary.
    • Filter statements by service date, not invoice date
    • Include return address on client statement print outs
    • Adding NPI and TaxID on client statements
    • Add custom note field to statements
    232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add note field to client ledger

I wish there was an area to put notes on the ledger! Some clients insurance's have different things that you have to do each time and if you don't remember to do them. It puts it back another month before payment or having to reprocess. If there was some kind of notification on the ledger page to see it when you go to process. It would be perfect.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Billing Notes field from the client's Bill To & Insurance Info is now available to view and edit on the client's ledger. Updates to the field in either location will be reflected in both places. 

8. Add ability to apply payments to invoices when processing ERA payments

Right now I have to mark everything as paid. In the same workflow of processing an ERA payment, add the ability to apply the payment to the relevant invoice and have it reflected in the client’s ledger.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If an ERA has no adjustments or its only adjustments are patient responsibility or contractual obligation, the payment will automatically be processed, and the adjustments will be added to the invoice. Additionally, when processing a single ERA payment on the ERA Received claim tab, the Actions drop-down menu allows you to Process Payment Adjustments, so you can write off the balance, shift the balance to the client, or leave it as insurance balance due. Click here to learn more!

9. Process insurance single-use credit card payments

Allow me to process credit cards supplied by insurance companies. We have some payers that pay with single-use credit cards and I'd like to process these cards inside of TheraNest.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow zero dollar insurance payments

As a biller, it is essential that we can document zero dollar payments from insurance as part of the client's ledger. This is often the documentation we need to then bill a secondary insurance. Note of zero dollar payment should be able to have payment date and check # just like any other payment entered.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to put in insurance payments as a batch and apply to multiple client invoices

Sometimes an insurance payment will be for more than one client. I think it would save time and eliminate user error if there was a way to input a batch insurance payment and be able to apply it to invoices of multiple clients.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't make me stay on the invoice after saving

Allow me the option to stay on the invoice after saving rather than forcing me to stay on the invoice.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When working on an invoice, clicking the Save button will save the invoice and return you to the client’s ledger. Additionally, a new option is available under the Save button drop-down allowing you to save and stay on the invoice.

13. Notification of Credit Card about to Expire

Send admins a notification when a client's credit card is about to expire.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Staff members with the Billing permission will receive an in-app alert on the first of the month for any saved client credit cards that expire that month. Additionally, the expiration date is now displayed when viewing a client’s saved credit cards.

14. View payer on batch invoicing

When creating new invoices under Batch Invoicing, allow me to view the client's primary payer.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Organize credit cards on file and manually select default credit card

Add ability to choose a default client credit card.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! You now have the ability to select the default credit card on file for clients. Clients also have the ability to select their default credit card from their Client Portal account.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

16. Add link to client portal in client invoice/superbill/statement emails

When I client gets emailed an invoice it would be VERY helpful if they could click a link to portal to make payment. Within the emailed invoice it could read: "Please make payment by logging into your account at www.xxxxxxx.com or, call office to make payment over the phone.""

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know that this feature request has been completed! Today we released an update to billing related emails generated from the Ledger, Statement, Batch Statements and Batch Invoices so they now include a link for clients to log into the client portal. This makes it easier for your clients to quickly access their client portal account and pay for services.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

17. Display CPT modifiers on superbills, statements and invoices

Currently a service code that has a modifier shows up on the invoice screen without the modifier. Only the actual service code is in the "blue" description field. We need to see the modifier on that screen when it exists.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to all printed billing documents so that they now display CPT code modifiers. These modifiers will be shown on printed invoices, statements, and superbills.

We are continuously working to improve TheraNest and we appreciate your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

18. Option to turn off automatic ERA processing

Allow me the option to turn off the automatic processing of ERAs.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display service types in invoices grids on client Ledger

The Open Invoices and Fully Paid Invoices grids don't display relevant service types for each item. I have to click through to each invoice to see what services are saved for that invoice.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We released an update to the client ledger so that relevant service types for each invoice in the Open Invoices and Fully Paid Invoices grids are now displayed. You no longer have to click through to see what services are applied to each invoice

20. ERA search options

It would be very helpful if there a was a way to search for an ERA payment by patient instead of going down the list by payment dates?

When searching for payments sometimes I have to open many before I find what I am looking for. Have a search function within the ERA payments would be great.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have updated the Process Claim Payments (ERA) page for TheraNest users who have signed and agreed to the Terms and Services with Apex Clearinghouse. This update shows more information about your ERA payments and allows for increased accuracy with your ERA payment processing. This improvement also includes a customizable ERA grid that allows for dynamic searching within your ERAs.

This is the first in an exciting series of additional billing improvements we are currently working on here at TheraNest. To learn more about this improvement, click to view the video link below: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3525477-video-era-release-november-26th-2019

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base