Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1557 results found

1. Add ability to invoice half and quarter unit increments

For service codes we really need to have unit increments starting at .25. We could then then chose "bill .5 units" each time this service is performed.

We need this for .5u .25u .75u 1u all the way to 2u's. I hope this happens soon! Thank you!!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Bill with contracted rates per payer and service with automatic write-offs

Have the contracted rates set up with the payer override the balance due on new invoices and the difference between the contracted rate and the billed amount should be automatically written off.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have a Pop Up Remind of positive Balance

When charging clients, it could be really helpful to have a pop up that said "this client has a positive balance of $--". This would help to remind to use funds overpaid from previous sessions when charging clients.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Block off non-clinical time on calendar

Allow me to block off recurring or single non-clinical events on my calendar so appointments can't be scheduled during that time. Then, when I create a recurring appointment for a client, have it skip over the days that I'm not available and schedule the appointment anyway.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set different times for each type of appointment reminder

Allow me to have each type of appointment reminder scheduled to go out at different times. For example, I may want to send email reminders 3 days before the appointment and a text reminder the day before.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display mini gregorian calendar in new appointment modal

instead of having to choose the month then date without looking at the calendar. It would be great to click on the date and SEE a full calendar when scheduling clients. I always need to have my phone or other calendar to see if I am choosing the correct number date.

When you add a new appointment, instead of having a dropdown box with numbers for the date, have a mini calendar open so I can choose the day by clicking on the calendar. This would help me make sure I am choosing the correct day of the week.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize options in payment methods drop-down

Allow me to customize what options appear in the payment methods drop-down when accepting a payment from a client's ledger. We accept other forms of payment like state vouchers, PayPal, grants, etc. so that we can report on these.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically populate city and state with the zip code

Have the client's city and state automatically populate when I type in the zip code.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to scan files directly into client's general or clinical documents

It would be great if you had a directing scanning option to scan documents directly into the system via a TWAIN enabled scanner verses scanning to the desktop and then uploading. Thanks

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include specifiers and modifiers of diagnoses to Diagnosis section of assessment

It would be helpful to have additional fields in the diagnosis section so that we can include specifiers and modifiers of diagnoses as required by the DSM 5. This field could also be used to note if the diagnosis is provisional or a rule/out diagnosis. Thank you!

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  11 comments  ·  Notes & Cases  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrated scheduling on organization's website

Allow me to embed a calendar or calendar link on my organization's website so prospective clients can schedule a consult or initial appointment with me without having to use the client portal.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ability to email progress notes directly to clients from TheraNest

Hello, it would be nice to be able to email progress notes directly from the progress note section

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add column for staff to Payments and Payment Methods report

I run a clinic with several staff members. Would it be possible to implement a feature in the Reports section that breaks down payments and payment methods, not only by client, but by staff member as well? Alternatively, it would help to implement payment methods into the "Daily Billing" report section by staff member. It's very difficult to manage as the system is currently is set up. Thanks!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it possible to filter clients by insurance type and within that by age, gender, etc.

For a lot of our programs we have to run reports on different demographics and there seems to be no easy way to do it. It would be great if we could have different programs and be able to run stats/demographic info in the individual programs. I know for us that would help tremendously.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Merge duplicate clients

When a duplicate client is accidentally created, have a way to merge the two clients so you don't lose any data when you delete the duplicate.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Holidays to the calendar

Alert when it is Easter, MLK day etc. so staff are alerted that day is not a typical one for clients.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow two-way syncing with external calendars (Google, Apple, etc.)

Make it so you can enter appointments or events from an external calendar (Google, Apple, etc.) and then they automatically sync to your TheraNest calendar.

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement an hourly or flat rate for staff payroll

Instead of percentage, is it possible to set up a set pay rate for the staff. For example, I pay my therapist $30-40 hrly regardless of the insurance so each client they see is the same pay rate.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More granular permission levels

Have TheraNest modify the permissions levels to be more granular so we can select specific functions the individual can perform rather than multiple functions activated under a single role.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base