Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. Ability to manually mark a claim as submitted

There are times when you have to print off a claim and fax/mail it to the insurance company rather than submit it electronically. There is currently no way to track this in Theranest. It would be nice to be able to manually mark a claim as submitted without actually submitting it electronically.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Automatically apply ERA check number to payment number on invoice

Please add check number of the insurance payment when processing the ERAs on my behalf.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Change CPT code in ledger

Sometimes I want to change the CPT code right before I save and add for submission to insurance. It would be nice if I could do that on that screen instead of having to delete the invoice, go back to calendar, change the CPT, and recreate the invoice.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Accept ACH payments from clients

In addition to the credit card options for payments, allow my clients to make payments using ACH.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bill with contracted rates per payer and service with automatic write-offs

Have the contracted rates set up with the payer override the balance due on new invoices and the difference between the contracted rate and the billed amount should be automatically written off.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable monthly superbill generation

Similar to simple practice that allows you to automatically generate monthly statements or superbills.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize options in payment methods drop-down

Allow me to customize what options appear in the payment methods drop-down when accepting a payment from a client's ledger. We accept other forms of payment like state vouchers, PayPal, grants, etc. so that we can report on these.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to invoice half and quarter unit increments

For service codes we really need to have unit increments starting at .25. We could then then chose "bill .5 units" each time this service is performed.

We need this for .5u .25u .75u 1u all the way to 2u's. I hope this happens soon! Thank you!!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offer EAP as insurance option

Could you add Employee Assistance Programs as an Insurance Option and allow the number of sessions completed with the number of sessions covered (eg 1/5) to show where the copay would normally show? Perhaps a flag could appear on the final visit prompting the therapist to complete paperwork and provide referrals on the final session?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a Pop Up Remind of positive Balance

When charging clients, it could be really helpful to have a pop up that said "this client has a positive balance of $--". This would help to remind to use funds overpaid from previous sessions when charging clients.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow supervisor information on invoice

We are having serious issues with the "staff provider" and "billing provider" option, to the extent of being accused of insurance fraud by insurance companies. We have an active training program in which clinicians-in-training (e.g., psychology interns/externs, social workers working on clinical hours) work under the license of a supervisor; insurance companies require the license # and NPI for BOTH clinicians (supervisor and trainee) and we do not have a way to denote this inside of Theranest.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add area for insurance adjusted rate

when recording payments from insurance companies, the eob includes their adjusted (less paid) amount. this should not be recorded as a write off but an insurance adjustment. write off is a debt expected but not paid. Add a link next to write-off that says adjustment.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a feature to track invoices and client statements by number

I would like to be able to run a report by invoice number. This way I can be sure that all invoices are accounted for. This would be especially helpful since we have two clinicians and two locations that generate invoices.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow percentages in addition to dollar amounts for copay column

Manyy of my clients are responsible for a percentage of their services as opposed to a fixed copay amount. However, I don't see a way to have that show up on the dashboard like the copay in dollars does. This would be really helpful to be able too see as well.

For example, if my client's insurance requires them to pay 20% of the bill, it woould be nice to see in the copay section on the dashboard $20 for a service that is billed at $100 or $40 for a $200 service, etc. It would make processing clients in…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select email address when sending superbill

If I see a patient (child) but send their superbill via email to another person (parent), I would like to have email addresses for both in my database. When I go to email superbill, it would help if I could pick which email address from a drop-down menu to send to.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send payments to multiple bank accounts

Ability to have more than one bank account that will receive the payment when accepting credit payments. This can be based on user log in.

This is useful when operating under an umbrella company but individual providers are sole proprietorship with their own business accounts.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show payer from insurance ERA payments on payment details

I would like for there to be options on the insurance payments to show which insurance company is making the payment when I create the payment on my client's invoice. The payer should automatically show up on the payment.

I would also like to be able to run a payment report by type. This is needed at the end of the year to confirm your payments for each insurance plan matches the 1099 you receive from them.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add case number to invoices & statements

Allow me to add the case number to a client's invoice or statement.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Page Pagination on Batch Processing

When using Batch Processing it would be helpful if the page showed how many claims were selected (to be added to awaiting submission). Currently there is no way of knowing how many claims were selected other than manually counting, and there is not a confirmation modal to show the action was successful. When utilizing the batch feature batch invoicing asks "are you sure you want to create "this many" invoices" > select yes. The next step is to add to awaiting submission via batch processing - without the amount of claims selected and/or confirmation modal you are not sure if…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 12 13 14 16 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base