Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow administration to view, approve or decline pending client portal appointment requets

Currently, if a client requests an appointment online, an alert is only sent to the therapist. As an office manager, I would like to be able to see all pending appointments so I can make sure they are getting approved within 24 hours.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Appointments & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Send Client Portal Invite" option when adding a new client

At the bottom of each Add New Client box where we are putting in their name for the first time, to have a check box ‘send client portal invitation’ so we could check and send auto from there. And ideal if we get the option of whether to default that to yes or no – though I would imagine if we use the portal the most logical default would be to have that checked yes and we could uncheck if we needed.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have all first appointments scheduled automatically receive an introductory email to join the client portal and complete intake paperwork.

Versus us having to send the email to join. It would be fantastic to have the option to turn on an automatic introductory email so every time someone is a new client scheduling a first appointment they receive the invitation to join the portal.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add alert when required fields are not completed in client intake forms

When clients miss a required field in their intake forms, they have to scroll down to the fields to see they've missed something instead of being alerted. I think making the warning more obvious could help, like a pop up or something like that.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Select which individuals in contact network get intake forms (Family Accounts)

Within a client's contact network, allow me to select who gets access to which forms. In the case of divorced parents, sometimes mom doesn't want to see what dad fills out and vice versa.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display organization logo in client portal

I would like to have my Logo show in the client portal so it looks more customized to my business.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically send intake forms when a new client is created

Having the option to email intake forms automatically pop-up when a new client is entere versus having to manually go to the client portal portion to lookup the client and then send the forms

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client & Billing Details  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add alert to client for cancellation penalties

Allow users to create custom pop-ups for client cancellations and reschedules, so that if a client gets online to cancel an appointment within the "penalty period" (such as 12 hours or 24 hours prior to the appointment), s/he will be warned/reminded that this will result in a cancellation fee.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appointments & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add credit card information in the portal that populates in TheraNest

Allow clients to add their credit card information on the portal that will then populate into TheraNest so I don't have to manually transfer credit card numbers from credit card authorization/consent forms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow clients to journal in client portal

Create a feature that allows my clients to journal any thoughts they may have about sessions and progress and allow them to share their journal entries with the provider(s) assigned to their case.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client & Billing Details  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update name fields on client portal to "Preferred"

Currently, when clients sign up for the portal, they are prompted to enter their first and last name. In order to make the portal (and therefore my clinical care) affirming of transgender clients, the portal should instead specifically ask for clients' "preferred first and last name."

If a clinician also wants to know the client's legal name, they can ask for it on one of the customizable forms in the portal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client & Billing Details  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customize client portal invite message

Allow me to customize the default client portal invitation message outside the invitation process so I don't have to change it every time I invite someone to the portal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reject or send back progress notes

I would LOVE to be able to reject or send back a note submitted to me by a supervisee with comments for them to change things on their notes!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow clients to schedule recurring appointments through the Client Portal

Many of my clients want to schedule weekly sessions and it is a hassle for them to need to click through EVERY week and make an appointment for the same time. I could see this losing potential clients for therapists and then causing those therapists to move from theranest because of the problems.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Appointments & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Set which staff member a client can schedule an appointment with on the portal

When setting up the client portal and allowing clients to self-schedule, allow me to select which staff member(s) a client can schedule with. We don't want them to just schedule with anyone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Appointments & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow clients to print statements from the client portal

Allow my clients to download and print their statements from the client portal like they can with invoices and superbills.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set portal self-scheduling availability per client

Allow me to set when certain clients can self-schedule on the client portal. For example, I may want one set of clients to only be able to schedule on certain days (e.g., MWF) or certain times of the month (e.g, first and third weeks of the month).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier for clients to compose portal messages from phone

Our clients are saying it's difficult to compose portal messages when using their mobile device. Make it easier for them to compose messages so we don't receive incomprehensible messages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow clients access to invoices/superbills without credit card processing

Allow my clients to view and print their invoices and superbills from the client portal without having to sign up for credit card processing through TheraNest.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change state field to drop-down on client portal

When clients enter their address in the demographics fields on the client portal, have the state field be a drop-down field. When they type out their full state name it causes issues with claims.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client & Billing Details  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base