Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1557 results found

1. Allow admins to have supervisors

There are therapists who need to have full organizational access and who also need to have a supervisor in the system for licensing purposes. Currently this is not a possible configuration in theranest which is a major limitation.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add staff to Credit Card Charges report

Add the staff name to the Credit Card Charges report so I can see who took the charge.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't retroactively change diagnosis code if updated

Don't retroactively change a diagnosis code on superbills and clinical documentation if a diagnosis code has been updated for a client. Currently, if a diagnosis code gets updated for a client it applies to past superbills and progress notes, but it should only apply to documents from the date it was changed and forward.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Send forms to multiple clients

Allow me to send forms to multiple clients at once instead of having to go to each client profile separately.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "Next..." and "Previous..." buttons to Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes

For treatment review purposes, it is often necessary to browse through existing Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes for a particular client. Currently, TheraNest makes it necessary to exit a Contact Log, Treatment Plan, or Progress Note, go back to the master list for each type of note, and then select the next desired note to review.
    This can become very cumbersome and even annoying if a lot of browsing is necessary.

Adding “Next…” | “Previous…” buttons at the top of each relevant page (next to “Print” and “Save”) would make forward and backward browsing through existing Contact Logs,…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Implement client survey tool to capture feedback

Allow me to send my clients a survey to capture their feedback about their treatment at a certain frequency (e.g., I may want to send these surveys after every session, when their case is closed, etc.).

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set a default place of service per client

Set a place of service default from the client details page so that any invoice and progress note auto-populates with that place of service.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send alert when clients enter or update information in Client Portal

The client portal can be used for new clients to enroll but if they misclick or forget something we could easily be missing out on new clients. I am suggesting you work on a notification system that notifies someone when a new client has entered something even with out submitting intakes paperwork.. this way we can reach out to them and see if they need help.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to email progress notes directly to clients from TheraNest

Hello, it would be nice to be able to email progress notes directly from the progress note section

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show payer from insurance ERA payments on payment details

I would like for there to be options on the insurance payments to show which insurance company is making the payment when I create the payment on my client's invoice. The payer should automatically show up on the payment.

I would also like to be able to run a payment report by type. This is needed at the end of the year to confirm your payments for each insurance plan matches the 1099 you receive from them.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display insurance name and ID on client contact card on Agenda

Our providers often use unique billing codes based on insurance type. This means a provider often has to navigate to the client details screen and then the “Insurance Info” section to view this. It would be so much easier (and fewer clicks) if this could be displayed alongside the client’s name on the agenda screen.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Payer aging report

Allow me to run an aging report for payers by client so that I can follow up with payers.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  13. Show client flags on appointment

If a client has a flag assigned, allow me to view it on their appointment on the calendar.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for multiple intake dates

Allow for multiple intake dates for clients. Some clients may be discharged and then come back for services, but the intake date remains to when they were first entered into the system and we need to capture each time they were brought in for services.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement payroll system in TheraNest

Pay therapists through TheraNest

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View all appointments from the agenda

Allow me to view all appointments from the agenda without having to click "View More Appointments".

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Email payment receipts

After I process a client's payment, allow me to email them a copy of their receipt.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a feature to track invoices and client statements by number

I would like to be able to run a report by invoice number. This way I can be sure that all invoices are accounted for. This would be especially helpful since we have two clinicians and two locations that generate invoices.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add signature to secure messages

When sending a secure message from TheraNest to the client portal, allow me to include my signature.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calculate and track assessment scores

When filling out clinical assessments (e.g., PHQ-9, GAD-7) have TheraNest automatically calculate the total and track the scores over time for a client.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base