Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

59 results found

1. Set staff availability based on days/time, services and locations

Allow me more flexibility in creating my availability. Allow me to set different availability for future dates, or based on services or locations.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Alert staff via text when a client replies to text message reminder

I want to be instantly notified how my clients respond to appointment reminders. It's useful for me to know whether the appointment has been confirmed, cancelled or if my client has responded with any other reply in cases of distress.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. See other staff's calendar availability without showing appointment details

Currently, every staff member can see all appointments assigned to other staff members EXCEPT when someone has Therapist level permissions and can only view assigned clients. As a clinician working in a group practice, it is very helpful to be able to see when my colleagues are scheduled for appointments on any given day. For example, it helps to let me know when a colleague might be free, who is going to be the first/last person to arrive or leave for the day, and if/when they are scheduled to see a parent or sibling of my own client.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that allows staff members with Therapist level permissions that can only view assigned clients the ability to view other staff members’ availability in the Agenda and Calendar. These users will see saved events in the calendar but no client details are shown – instead the event will display as BUSY.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

4. Freeze calendar header when scrolling

We have several therapist on our calendar, and when you scroll down to put in an appointment it is easy to loss track of what column one is in.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add more options to scheduling time increments (1 min, 10 min, 50 min, etc.)

I'm not able to schedule clients at the time I need. I usually have 50 minute sessions, but that option is not available in my Calendar Preferences.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to the “Time scale in minutes” field on the Calendar Preferences page, adding some new options that are available to select. You’ll now be able to set appointments in increments of 1 minute, 10 minutes, 35 minutes, 40 minutes, 45 minutes, 50 minutes, 55 minutes and 90 minutes in addition to the options that were available prior to this release.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

6. Allow admins to change other staff members' availability

As an admin, allow me to manage the availability of my staff.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to: 

• Create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations.
    • Manage availability blocks for other staff members who are using Advanced Availability, and more! 

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

7. Multiple available times in a day

When setting my calendar availability, allow me to enter multiple time frames in a single day, such as Mondays from 8-11 AM and from 3-6 PM.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Turn off automatic "Kept" appointment status change

Allow me to turn off the feature that automatically changes an appointment to "Kept" when the appointment time is reached. We want our schedulers/providers to update the status manually.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new setting under your organization's Profile will prevent appointments from automatically being changed to 'Kept' when the appointment time is reached.

9. Split client & insurance balance due on Agenda

The Agenda's Balance Due section needs to be split between client amount due & insurance amount due. With just the bulk sum on there it's pretty useless because you still have to go into the client's account to decipher if they actually owe anything.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Balance Due on the Agenda has now been split to display the Client Balance Due and the Insurance Balance Due so you can easily see how much the client owes.

10. Schedule recurring telehealth appointments

Allow me to schedule recurring telehealth appointments that doesn't require me converting individual appointments because converting individual appointments can be easily missed/forgotten about.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Indicate cancelled appointments in synced calendars

When a session is marked cancelled, it would be nice if this was indicated when the calendar syncs with google calendar

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add color coding to service types to display in the Calendar

It would be really helpful if different service types could be color coded on the calendar. For example, if an initial assessment (90791) could be a different color from a 60 minute follow up session (90837) it would allow me to look at my weekly or monthly calendar and see immediately how many new clients I had, which would be really helpful in my schedule planning.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! When creating or editing a service type, you can now designate a color label for that service type to display in the Day, Week, Month and Staff Calendar views. This will provide an additional way to visually identify your appointments in the calendar. To learn more about this release, you can visit our release notes in the TheraNest Knowledge Base. https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/4550377-set-service-type-color-code

13. Add ability to select the time zone for each appointment

Give an option to set time zone by location, or by therapist....for multi-city agencies in different time zones.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Locations can now have a time zone different from the organization's time zone.  Appointment reminders for the location will now send in the location time zone (set to the organization time zone by default).  Time zone codes (e.g., ET, CT, PT, etc.) can be added to your text and email reminder templates with the new {{LocationTimeZone}} placeholder.

14. Show balance due on agenda

When checking out clients, we don't always go to the ledger, and if there is an outstanding balance on their account, there is no way to see it on dashboard or calendar to remind us! What if they don't have a copay so they dont normally pay but they failed an appt so they now have a fee. I wish this could be on the dashboard to automatically see, like the co-pay is!

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create telehealth link when confirming appointment from the portal

When a client schedules a telehealth appointment from the portal, have the link created when I confirm the appointment so I don't have to edit the appointment and click the Telehealth checkbox.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to: 

• Create availability blocks to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations.
    • Manage availability blocks for other staff members who are using Advanced Availability.
    • Allow clients to request appointments on the Client Portal during your available blocks.
    • Allow clients to request Telehealth appointments on the Client Portal. When confirmed, the appointment will be saved as a Telehealth appointment with the session link.

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

16. Set default view for the schedule

Allow me to set a default view for my schedule. For example, allow me to have my calendar default to week view instead of having it default to the agenda view.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Visually indicate recurring appointments on the calendar

on the calendar there is no way to tell if an appointment is recurring without scrolling to the next week. A simple font change or "R" on the face of the appointment, for example, would be helpful.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know that this feature request has been completed! Today we released an update to our calendar so that recurring appointments now include an icon to indicate that the appointment is a part of a recurring series. This icon is the same clock icon used on the client Appointments grid.

This is the first of a few releases we have planned to improve our calendar feature. Be on the lookout for more updates and if you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

18. Set calendar time zone

Allow staff members to set their time zone preferences for their calendar. We have staff members that operate under a different time zone than the organization.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Staff now have the ability to set a Default Time Zone from their Preferences. Setting this field makes the Calendar, Agenda, appointment lists for clients, and the Appointment Window all display session times according to the staff’s preferred time zone.

19. Allow agenda specific to provider (customize)

Allow providers to customize their dashboard view to be only their client information. This will allow them the ability to only change their patient's appointment status, and not any other clinician in the clinic.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display client detail notes on Agenda

I need my front desk and scheduling staff to see notes and alerts related to a client when they check in, so that we do not miss important information about clients. We use the Notes field on the client details for such information so if it were displayed on the Agenda that would be helpful.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We’ve release an exciting new feature. Now you can see the client profile notes field summarized in the main Agenda contact card. Simply click on the contact card icon next to your client’s name, and voila! You’ll have the note available without shuffling around between pages.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base