Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

331 results found

1. allow "special availability"

I have specific hours that I work and don't want my office manager to be able to schedule outside of these hours....BUT occasionally I have an appointment or day that I want to open up for a special occasion. It would be nice if I could do that without changing my overall preferences.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add checkbox for self-harm in Client Risk section of Initial Assessment

In the Assessment and Diagnostic tab, under the section of Risk,it would be helpful to have an option for self-harm.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update to the Risk section of the Initial Assessment which now includes a checkbox option for “self harm”.

We are continuously working to improve TheraNest and we appreciate your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

3. Display service types in invoices grids on client Ledger

The Open Invoices and Fully Paid Invoices grids don't display relevant service types for each item. I have to click through to each invoice to see what services are saved for that invoice.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We released an update to the client ledger so that relevant service types for each invoice in the Open Invoices and Fully Paid Invoices grids are now displayed. You no longer have to click through to see what services are applied to each invoice

4. Pre-intake waiting list for prospective clients

Waiting list feature where client info can be entered and clients are listed in order received with counselor preferences and contact information.

598 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add new field with options for client gender identity

Male and female are not the only gender options clients identify with, and "other" seems a rude way to label a client. "Transgender" would be a great option to have, although it doesn't cover the entire spectrum of client gender identities. Transgender could be added as an option and instead of "other," possibly a blank allowing entry for other options.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We’ve added a new field for gender identity to the client profile’s details tab (under the manage demographic info section).

7. Integrate Quickbooks with Theranest (or other accounting software)

We need a way to let our CPA keep our numbers in check without compromising patient data. It would be nice to have everything in one place without having to enter everything in Theranest as well as enter it into Quickbooks a second time for book keeping purposes. If there was a way to have our billing data dump into Quickbooks so that our accountant could just access that de-identified data we would be so happy!!! Otherwise Theranest is awesome!

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a new “Export Transactions” feature in the Billing section of TheraNest, which lets you export all payments and refunds into a .CSV file. The file can then be imported into a number of third party accounting software products, like QuickBooks Online.

8. Make Client Details printable

A sorely missing feature in TheraNest is the ability to print Client Details, whether for an individual client, selected clients, or for all clients. These printable lists should include all the info in Client Details that would be needed for reference in hard copy, e.g., addresses, contact info, emergency contact info. For example, a therapist who is covering my practice during an absence or vacation, will need an ID, contact, and emergency contact list for my clients. TheraNest needs to provide a way to produce printable Client Details lists for this and other record-keeping purposes.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display assigned staff member(s) & clients not assigned to staff in client list

Update client list to show any staff members assigned to that client with the ability to filter each staff member.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for clients’ Assigned Staff. This column is searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on this information. To find clients who have not been assigned a staff member, simply search for “-” and any client who has not been assigned a staff member will be shown in the results. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A text box on the Billing and Insurance page

A text box on the Billing and Insurance page would be useful. There are times when I want to make a note related to that page but there is no space to enter it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync Calendar to iCal

Please sync with iCal!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Client authorization tracking by date and remaining sessions

Often we are given an authorization for a certain number of units and/or sessions and need to track how many units/sessions we have left to alert us to send in an authorization request. Allow me to set this up so that TheraNest can alert me when we reach a certain number of sessions left, so that I can call and get another auth.

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Authorizations can now be created exactly how they are received from payers! When creating an authorization, you can now specify the start and end date, link service types, view authorization statuses when creating an appointment (if enabled), and track the authorization by units or sessions. A new report is available to help you track utilization of authorizations across all clients. Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/11747874480148

14. Add Date of Birth to billing and insurance page

Perhaps it could prepopulate from the detail page?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add column for Client ID to "Clients" list

Would love to see client ID numbers listed next to names on the Clients list!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released a major redesign of the Client List page in TheraNest. This redesign includes an updated dynamic grid that includes a column for Client ID. This column is searchable allowing you to easily find clients based on their Client ID. Learn more about this update in our Knowledge Base.

https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/3904172-features-and-functions-of-the-client-list

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

16. Check insurance eligibility within TheraNest

Allow for direct inquiry of a new patient's insurance eligibility. I can do this by logging in to Office Ally or the websites maintained by each insurance company, but it would be marvelous to have this capability built into Theranest.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Label Progress Notes with Service

When Progress Notes are generated and/or printed, there is no way to tell what professional service has been provided. It would be helpful if the Service (e.g., Individual Psychotherapy or Individual Clinical Supervision, etc.) would be included, perhaps with a label at the top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If a progress note is properly linked to an appointment, then the CPT service code is included in the print out.

18. change appointment status from Upcoming to cancel or no show from the calendar view

change appointment status from Upcoming to cancel or no show from the calendar view so I don't have to go into Dashboard and find a session that is 2-3 days away on the dashboard. Much easier and more convenient from the calendar view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add new deductible fields to Bill To & Insurance information

Can we add the following things to filling and insurance for clients:

deductible:
    deductible amount met
    out of pocket max
    verified by (staff drop down box)

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Client’s now have deductible and coinsurance fields available on the “Bill To & Insurance Info” tab in the web app, as well in the client portal.

20. Turn off automatic "Kept" appointment status change

Allow me to turn off the feature that automatically changes an appointment to "Kept" when the appointment time is reached. We want our schedulers/providers to update the status manually.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new setting under your organization's Profile will prevent appointments from automatically being changed to 'Kept' when the appointment time is reached.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base