Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. Allow group notes to be entered for all clients at one time

My suggestion would be to allow us to enter in multiple group members with one general note without violating privacy laws. Currently, it violates privacy laws and shows each client in the group on every clients individual chart. It would be helpful if we could enter in one note for everyone in the group, point/click to add the clients in the group (because it is different each time) and add specifics next to each person in the group if needed.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Display session number in progress note

Number the notes for us so that we do not have to manually count how many sessions we have conducted with our clients? This helps with certain insurance groups that limit our sessions. Thank you!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow providers to sign completed portal forms

Allow a space for the therapist/provider to sign the intake paperwork after the client has completed it without having to download the form and reupload it.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add ASAM assessment tool

For those of use who deal with chemical dependency, it would be extremely helpful if there was an ASAM assessment tool we could use.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to merge duplicate cases

If a second case has been opened for a client it would be nice to be able to merge it with the old case.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include pre-defined list of interventions for progress notes

I would like the interventions list that is available in the creation of the treatment plan be moved to the progress notes where I would be able to select which intervention that I used for that day. It would simplify the notes that I complete.

508 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Write reviews for treatment plans

When my treatment plan is up for review, allow me to write a review summary for the current treatment plan rather than editing the old one or writing a whole new one.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link custom forms to appointments

When using a customized form for clinical documentation, allow me to link the form to a scheduled appointment, similar to how it works for progress notes.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bulk sign progress notes

Allow me to bulk sign my progress notes to speed up my documentation.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add mild, moderate, significant, regressed, no change to the progress note

I received agency status from private practice. My audit went well using Theranest but I will need to put the status of the client on each note. That was something that I had to show that I could do before passing me to the next phase. I can write the words in but I would like to have a drop box with the identifiers so that the clinicians remember to do it each time.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select which goals appear on progress notes

Allow me to select which goals appear on the client's progress note for that session. I only want the relevant goals that we worked on in that session to appear, or none at all, rather than having all of their goals appear.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include session start and end times on progress notes

Allow me to enter the start and end time of the session on a progress note because payers require this and it's easier to enter the times than adjust the duration.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wiley Homework Planner and/or document library

Offer the Wiley Homework Planner along side the other planners and/or provide a document library within which documents can be stored and assigned to clients.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Formatting options for dynamic forms

Would like the ability to format custom forms similar to other word processors:
    - Adjust font sizes, colors
    - Paragraph styles
    - Inserting tables
    - Adding images

630 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integration with CONTINUUM

Allow me to integrate with ASAM CONTINUUM so I can complete Substance abuse assessments which are different in nature to a certain degree from biopsychosocial assessments.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share form templates with other TheraNest users

Allow me to share my Dynamic Form templates with other TheraNest users and have them share their forms with me.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include specifiers and modifiers of diagnoses to Diagnosis section of assessment

It would be helpful to have additional fields in the diagnosis section so that we can include specifiers and modifiers of diagnoses as required by the DSM 5. This field could also be used to note if the diagnosis is provisional or a rule/out diagnosis. Thank you!

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to email progress notes directly to clients from TheraNest

Hello, it would be nice to be able to email progress notes directly from the progress note section

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Next..." and "Previous..." buttons to Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes

For treatment review purposes, it is often necessary to browse through existing Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes for a particular client. Currently, TheraNest makes it necessary to exit a Contact Log, Treatment Plan, or Progress Note, go back to the master list for each type of note, and then select the next desired note to review.
    This can become very cumbersome and even annoying if a lot of browsing is necessary.

Adding “Next…” | “Previous…” buttons at the top of each relevant page (next to “Print” and “Save”) would make forward and backward browsing through existing Contact Logs,…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add standardized diagnostic screening tools

Adding screening tools such as PHQ-9, GAD-7, Kessler-10, The Duke, would help track a clients progress in treatment. As well as support Diagnosis

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base