Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Update name fields on client portal to "Preferred"

Currently, when clients sign up for the portal, they are prompted to enter their first and last name. In order to make the portal (and therefore my clinical care) affirming of transgender clients, the portal should instead specifically ask for clients' "preferred first and last name."

If a clinician also wants to know the client's legal name, they can ask for it on one of the customizable forms in the portal.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow me to select the Telehealth forum without subscribing to Telehealth

As a therapist, allow me to select the Telehealth forum when creating an availability block even though I don't subscribe to Telehealth so it's easier for my clients when requesting Telehealth appointments on the Client Portal.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Inactivity warning on client portal

If a client has been inactive on the client portal and is about to logged out, then show a warning so if they are completing intake paperwork they can save it before getting logged off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow saved credit cards from contacts to show in TheraNest

If a contact from a client's contact network makes a payment on the client portal and saves the card for future use, then allow that credit card to be displayed and used in TheraNest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display warning on client portal to not contact if emergency

Allow clinicians to display a warning to not use the client portal for clinically urgent matters and to call the office or the local crisis number if the client cannot wait for the next time they have an appointment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow clients to reply to portal message from unassigned staff

As an administrator, I sent a message to several clients but they were unable to reply because I was not assigned to the clients in TheraNest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Clients Complete forms before scheduling appointments

A suggestion for the design team…I mean this in a helpful way...it would be so nice to be able to use the “new appointment” link as an initial connect with prospective clients then have them be able to go back in (once they’ve signed up for my services) and complete the portal/forms. I tried a practice run of this process but they cannot see the forms once I invite them into the portal.

It’s just easier for them to see the appointment scheduler right away rather than having to sign into the portal first and then find the appointments section.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow clients to fill out Additional Details in the Client Portal

The additional details page gets overlooked a lot and as a result, isn't filled in. Allow clients to fill out this information on the client portal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Revoke client portal invitations

Allow me to revoke a client portal invitation in instances where it was sent in error.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show intake forms individually on the client portal

If intake forms are sent as a bundle, show each form individually on the client portal instead of as a bundle. Sometimes my clients get overwhelmed and fatigued when they have to go through each form before signing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Require payment before scheduling on the client portal

Allow me to require my clients to make a payment before they can proceed with scheduling an appointment on the client portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notify clients to update credit cards

Allow me to send a notification to clients having them update their credit card information on the client portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display announcement to all clients on portal

Allow me to send an announcement or reminder to all clients that they will easily see when they login to the portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow clients access to invoices/superbills without credit card processing

Allow my clients to view and print their invoices and superbills from the client portal without having to sign up for credit card processing through TheraNest.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow clients to schedule recurring appointments through the Client Portal

Many of my clients want to schedule weekly sessions and it is a hassle for them to need to click through EVERY week and make an appointment for the same time. I could see this losing potential clients for therapists and then causing those therapists to move from theranest because of the problems.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically copy messages from secure messaging to a client's contact log

I want secure messages sent from a client copied to their contact log automatically.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow archived clients to access portal for contacts

If a client is also a contact of another client when the client is archived still allow them access to the client portal for the client they are a contact for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow clients to pay against balance rather than service lines

Allow my clients to make a payment that goes toward their entire balance rather than having them make a payment against a specific service line.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Request appointment location change through client portal

Allow a client to request a change to their appointment location (e.g. from in-person to telehealth or vice versa) without having to cancel the appointment and request a whole new one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filter out insurance payments - Payment history

The ability to filter out insurance payments on the clients payment history.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base