Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

317 results found

1. Partial refunds of credit card transactions

Allow me to apply a partial refund of a credit card transaction. In instances of overpayments, we only need to refund a portion.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Schedule recurring/automatic payments

For clients that are on payment plans, allow me to set up scheduled or recurring payments for a set amount.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mark claims "paid" on the client Ledger

When insurance payment is entered manually and the claim is marked "paid" on the submitted claims page, it would be beneficial for the "paid" status to show on the client's Open Invoices page. Right now it says "submitted" on the client page even after insurance payment has been entered.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Accept ACH payments from clients

In addition to the credit card options for payments, allow my clients to make payments using ACH.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Apply batch write-offs to remaining balances due across different client ledgers

Add new feature that allows me to apply multiple write-offs in bulk to remaining balances due from a single page, instead of having to apply each one to individual invoices from separate ledgers. This would let me apply a batch of client or insurance write-offs for different clients.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bill with contracted rates per payer and service with automatic write-offs

Have the contracted rates set up with the payer override the balance due on new invoices and the difference between the contracted rate and the billed amount should be automatically written off.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change CPT code in ledger

Sometimes I want to change the CPT code right before I save and add for submission to insurance. It would be nice if I could do that on that screen instead of having to delete the invoice, go back to calendar, change the CPT, and recreate the invoice.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically apply ERA check number to payment number on invoice

Please add check number of the insurance payment when processing the ERAs on my behalf.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow percentages in addition to dollar amounts for copay column

Manyy of my clients are responsible for a percentage of their services as opposed to a fixed copay amount. However, I don't see a way to have that show up on the dashboard like the copay in dollars does. This would be really helpful to be able too see as well.

For example, if my client's insurance requires them to pay 20% of the bill, it woould be nice to see in the copay section on the dashboard $20 for a service that is billed at $100 or $40 for a $200 service, etc. It would make processing clients in…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to manually mark a claim as submitted

There are times when you have to print off a claim and fax/mail it to the insurance company rather than submit it electronically. There is currently no way to track this in Theranest. It would be nice to be able to manually mark a claim as submitted without actually submitting it electronically.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add or edit modifiers on invoice

Allow me to enter modifiers when creating an invoice.

For example, if two services occur on the same day that can be billed on the same day I have to add modifier 59, but I can't add that to the service code library as it is unethical to include modifier 59 every time I bill that service.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize options in payment methods drop-down

Allow me to customize what options appear in the payment methods drop-down when accepting a payment from a client's ledger. We accept other forms of payment like state vouchers, PayPal, grants, etc. so that we can report on these.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add adjusted contract rate in ledger

Please also add an adjusted contracted rate click under the client payment and write off. This way we could actually know what were write off's due to loss of income and what were actual contracted rate differences in reports. And then also create a report where we can run it just like the write off report.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ability to reactivate inactive insurance

Currently, once insurance is marked as inactive it cannot be made active again (without creating new and re-entering). Please make it so you can change the status back to active again.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically create and send invoices

Allow me to automatically create and send invoices at a specific time period (e.g., after every session, weekly, monthly).

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable monthly superbill generation

Similar to simple practice that allows you to automatically generate monthly statements or superbills.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically send client superbill when credit card is charged

Allow me to send a superbill to a client when payment is collected.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shared credit card for families

Functionality to save a credit card on one family member's profile that can be accessed and charged for other family members' invoices.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show payer from insurance ERA payments on payment details

I would like for there to be options on the insurance payments to show which insurance company is making the payment when I create the payment on my client's invoice. The payer should automatically show up on the payment.

I would also like to be able to run a payment report by type. This is needed at the end of the year to confirm your payments for each insurance plan matches the 1099 you receive from them.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base