Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Client authorization tracking by date and remaining sessions

Often we are given an authorization for a certain number of units and/or sessions and need to track how many units/sessions we have left to alert us to send in an authorization request. Allow me to set this up so that TheraNest can alert me when we reach a certain number of sessions left, so that I can call and get another auth.

562 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  74 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to apply write-offs to invoices when processing ERA payments

In the same workflow of processing and applying an ERA payment, add the ability to write-off any remaining insurance balance due and have it reflected in the client's ledger.

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Check insurance verification and eligibility within TheraNest

Allow for direct inquiry of a new patient's insurance eligibility & benefits. I can do this by logging in to Office Ally or the web sites maintained by each insurance company, but it would be marvelous to have this capability built in to Theranest.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refund or negative payment options

I've found it difficult and messy to try to track or even enter any situations in which client or insurance has overpaid and I need to issue a refund. I would like to accurately enter the amount which insurance has paid, even if it is over the remaining balance. Perhaps we could have the option to then apply the overage amount as a refund to either client or insurance. Also, there are times when insurance will retract a payment - it would be great to be able to enter a note somewhere with payments or be able to document this…

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to apply payments to invoices when processing ERA payments

Right now I have to mark everything as paid. In the same workflow of processing an ERA payment, add the ability to apply the payment to the relevant invoice and have it reflected in the client’s ledger.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Partial refunds of credit card transactions

Allow me to apply a partial refund of a credit card transaction. In instances of overpayments, we only need to refund a portion.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mark claims "paid" on the client Ledger

When insurance payment is entered manually and the claim is marked "paid" on the submitted claims page, it would be beneficial for the "paid" status to show on the client's Open Invoices page. Right now it says "submitted" on the client page even after insurance payment has been entered.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Electronic Check (ACH) Payment

In addition to the credit card options for payments, my clients love to be able to make payment through electronic checks over an ACH network. Intuit used to have this option, others like Dwolla and Venmo and Google Wallet also have this option available. Is it possible to integrate this payment option along with the credit card option so that it's integrated into Theranest?

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add note field to client ledger

I wish there was an area to put notes on the ledger! Some clients insurance's have different things that you have to do each time and if you don't remember to do them. It puts it back another month before payment or having to reprocess. If there was some kind of notification on the ledger page to see it when you go to process. It would be perfect.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apply batch write-offs to remaining balances due across different client ledgers

Add new feature that allows me to apply multiple write-offs in bulk to remaining balances due from a single page, instead of having to apply each one to individual invoices from separate ledgers. This would let me apply a batch of client or insurance write-offs for different clients.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Process insurance single-use credit card payments

Allow me to process credit cards supplied by insurance companies. We have some payers that pay with single-use credit cards and I'd like to process these cards inside of TheraNest.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically charge saved client credit card for services/co-pay

Clients that are scheduled to have sessions using the calendar feature will be charged automatically after the session time has passed by Theranest

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow zero dollar client and insurance payments

As a biller, it is essential that we can document zero dollar payments from insurance as part of the client's ledger. This is often the documentation we need to then bill a secondary insurance. Note of zero dollar payment should be able to have payment date and check # just like any other payment entered.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically apply ERA check number to payment number on invoice

Please add check number of the insurance payment when processing the ERAs on my behalf.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add adjusted contract rate in ledger

Please also add an adjusted contracted rate click under the client payment and write off. This way we could actually know what were write off's due to loss of income and what were actual contracted rate differences in reports. And then also create a report where we can run it just like the write off report.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change CPT code in ledger

Sometimes I want to change the CPT code right before I save and add for submission to insurance. It would be nice if I could do that on that screen instead of having to delete the invoice, go back to calendar, change the CPT, and recreate the invoice.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow percentages in addition to dollar amounts for copay column

Manyy of my clients are responsible for a percentage of their services as opposed to a fixed copay amount. However, I don't see a way to have that show up on the dashboard like the copay in dollars does. This would be really helpful to be able too see as well.

For example, if my client's insurance requires them to pay 20% of the bill, it woould be nice to see in the copay section on the dashboard $20 for a service that is billed at $100 or $40 for a $200 service, etc. It would make processing clients in…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bill with contracted rates per payer and service with automatic write-offs

Add the ability to set contracted rates for any service type per each insurance payer. Have a list of services on each insurer's details page that lets you set the contract rate for that particular service. The contracted rates should override the balance due on new invoices and the difference between contracted rate and billed amount should be automatically written off.

Additionally it would be great if the Invoice Aging report was updated in consideration of this. We want to use the Invoice Aging report to see not just billed amount, but also expected revenue (based on insurer contracted rate).…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customize options in payment methods drop-down

Allow me to customize what options appear in the payment methods drop-down when accepting a payment from a client's ledger. We accept other forms of payment like state vouchers, PayPal, grants, etc. so that we can report on these.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically create and send invoice after session

After a session is completed, it would be great to have the system generate the invoice with the option to also send it to my client.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Billing & Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base