Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. Add client portal messages to contact log

When I get a message through the Client Portal secure messaging, allow me to add it to the contact log so I can keep a record of all communication in one place.

505 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

If you have the Therapist permission, you can now copy a message sent or received from Client Messaging to the contact log of a client’s case. Check out our release notes for more information. 

2. Add more control of editing and sending calendar/scheduling alert emails sent to clients and groups

I have a very tightly booked schedule and sometimes make mistakes and have to fix something, particularly while making future appointments. I feel this should happen behind the scene until things are right. However, people who are subscribed the portal get notification of everything I do immediately, even it's an error. It's annoying to all of us. I think there should be a way to stop this feature. Currently, if I make an error, I have to delete their text and email address, then make the changes, then put the email and phone number back in. It makes me want…

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that allows more control over what scheduling notifications are sent to clients. You can learn how to update these settings in our Knowledge Base: https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/4595489-manage-client-portal-appointment-notifications

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

3. Send appointment reminders more than once

Allow me to set up appointment reminders so they get sent more than once before the client's appointment. For example, I may want to send a reminder two days prior and one day prior.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your organization's Appointment Reminder Settings now allows for multiple time periods to be selected so appointment reminders can be sent more than once.

4. Send Appointment Reminder Response Notifications via Email/In App Alert

I want to be instantly notified how my clients respond to appointment reminders. It's useful for me to know whether the appointment has been confirmed, cancelled or if my client has responded with any other reply in cases of distress. I'd like to option to designate the way in which I am alerted, either in app or via email.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use only client initials when alerted about a calendar change

It would be so helpful if the alerts generated when someone changes a client's appointment used client initials instead of their full name. For example, if an office manager needs to cancel an appointment for a therapist, the therapist would receive an email saying "Your appointment with P.Q. was changed to cancelled" rather than including the client's full name. This would help with HIPPA compliance for practices without secure email (most of us!). Thank you!

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow printing of secure messages

Make secure messages printable or take away the recently viewed clients section to be able to print out the messages.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send staff alert when client sends text message outside of appointment reminder

As a therapist, I get an alert if the client responds from a text reminder but not if they send a text outside of an appointment reminder. For example, I asked a client through text to come in 2 hours early. Because it is not an appointment reminder, I am not notified that they replied back to that message. I have to remember who I texted and then go to log to see if they saw my text and responded.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Staff notification for client messages through the client portal

There should be a feature that alerts us when we have a message from a client in our inbox. I miss a lot of messages because I didn't know I had a new message. I don't like having to log in and out to see if I have a new message.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notify the contact when they receive a secure message

When I send a secure message to someone in my client's contact network, send them an email letting them know there's a new secure message on the portal.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We corrected an issue where members of a client’s Contact Network did not receive an email notification when they had a new secure message on the Client Portal. 

10. Add link to client portal in client appointment reminder emails

Include a link to the Client Portal in the reminder emails.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Lauren Smith responded

Clients who have a client portal account will now see a link to access their portal via appointment reminders sent via email.

11. Send secure messages to contact network

Allow me to send secure messages through the portal to people in a client's contact network.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now send secure messages to contacts in a client’s contact network! Additionally, you can also grant contacts the ability to send secure messages to assigned staff from the client portal. Check out our release notes and new help articles for more about this feature!

12. Include organization information in email sent to clients when secure message is received

I just saw what an email message looks like to alert a client that they have a secure message. It does look like it could be spam. The email notification should indicate the agency it is from or the therapist's name like the email does for creating the portal account and other email messages. This is confusing to clients and may get overlooked. Messages sent through the portal often contain important information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know that this suggestion has been implemented. We’ve updated the email sent to clients when a secure message is received to include the organization name in the subject and in the content of the email. We hope this will reduce confusion from clients who thought the previous email looked like spam.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Staff Notification Texts for ALL Non-Standard Replies

I need to know anytime a client sends me a text message, with the exception of a standard 1 or 2 reply. I’m not sure why anyone would only want to receive certain non-standard replies and not others. I do not advertise that clients can text me things through this system but many clients just assume that they can. I really need to be notified every time they send non-standard replies. Right now, I have to remember to manually go into every single client’s reminder log to ensure they haven’t sent me any text updates, saying that they are running…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base