Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

29 results found

1. Diagnosis on Treatment Plan

I would like to have the ability to include my clients current diagnosis on the treatment plan. It seems if we are basing goals and objectives on a diagnosis than the diagnosis should be on the treatment plan.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. multiple accounts with same email

There are several families that I work with who have me work with the members individually. Thus, I keep individual accounts for these INDIVIDUALS. However, the parents are all stuck in a bind where they can't use the same email for their own profile and their child's profile because it doesn't allow you to use an email that's already in the system for a different client. I used to use CounSol and they created a feature where you could create a unsername in place of the email for signing in with the separate accounts and it allowed them to then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy new custom forms to intake forms

I made a few custom forms that I wanted to copy into my intake forms but was unable to do so. It would be great if I could just. pull them into my intake forms without needing to start over from scratch to re-create the same form in the intake forms section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

you can copy any custom form to intake form and any intake form back to custom forms. Please reach out to support if you need assistance.

4. electronic signatures to custom forms

Sometimes you need to update a form like a fee agreement or complete something like a release of information, it would be great to be able to add in an electronic signature to any new custom forms you create that you need the client to complete and sign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unbillable note option

Please add an unbillable option to be able to enter notes for information purposes only and not for billing purposes. This is an important option when working with Medicaid

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a few options here when wanting to create a note that isn't meant to be billed. 

A progress note can be created without being tied to an appointment. This can be created by going into the client's case and adding a new progress note. 

Additionally, a service type is not required when creating an appointment. This means the progress note can still be tied to the appointment, but an invoice cannot be created. 

If there's different functionality you're looking for, please resubmit your idea with additional details for us to review! Thank you! 

6. special notes

The addition of "special notes," or notes that are not progress notes that are for special circumstances (an important collateral contact conversation or an unexpected discharge without a session) .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dynamic Forms allows you to create client forms that can be used multiple times for a client. You can create your own notes template that’s outside of a progress note and not tied to an appointment to keep track of special circumstances or conversations. You can learn more about dynamic client forms here: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052322112-Create-a-Dynamic-Form

If you were referring to different functionality, please let us know so we can update the idea with more details about what you’re looking for. Thank you!

7. Mark whether note is individual or group

When filling out a progress note for a client, allow me to check whether the session was individual, family, group, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Close case dates

When a case is closed, sometimes it is necessary to re-open a case for various reasons. It would be nice if we can choose the original close case date or set a new one. In a current situation I have, I would like to have the original case closed date. I was issued a subpoena and had to get an attorney and now if I print that off, it looks like I closed the case today versus when I did a year ago.....This is not helpful for court related issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. close

when closing a case, it would be great if you could sign a document that would lock it as closed. that way if there were issues in the future it'll be legally clear that it was signed and closed on that date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete case

Make another safety step so this is not easily done or make an option in staff permission, Therapist, a check box so they can not delete cases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. closing notes signature

Add the ability to electronically sign and date the closing note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to complete notes during a live session

It would be great to go ahead and enter your client notes as well as offer a blackboard experience for a client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View open notes

To ensure all open notes are successfully signed. It would be helpful to have a section where it shows your pending notes, such as it showing pending notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. notification when notes are finished

Would like a calendar color system or symbol system to know when notes are completed by looking at their schedule event on the calendar at a quick glance. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. portal

When patients return to treatment after 1 yr, we are obligated to re-evaluated. I would really like to be able to send them our fabulous Patient Port forms to compete again. That's my first step in getting updated on where they are at since seeing them so long ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-population of Termination Summaries

It would be great if Termination Summaries auto-populated with the relevant information that has already been entered elsewhere for the case, (e.g. name and date of birth, diagnoses, and treatment goal) so as not to have to enter them again.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. note created date and signature date

I need the time that the note was started preserved on my document. it appears to erase after I sign it. the date for when I started the document and not when I signed it is more important to me in my document ion. I need ti to show up when someone asks for records.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. give me current local time/date for suggested time/date

This applies to EVERYWHERE in TheraNest when TheraNest recommends to me a suggested date and time... Contact log notes, progress notes, new assessment, billing.... appointments... EVERYWHERE. Your system gives me date/time suggestions based on UTC instead of my current local time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. copy last group session note

Ability to copy current group session notes from previous group session notes (like we can for individual sessions).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. miscellaneous notes

can you have a place to write miscellaneous notes versus having to write a document in a word document to upload?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base