Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Telehealth

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.
  1. Add chat functionality to telehealth sessions

When I'm in a telehealth session, allow me to chat with my client(s) so that if we lose audio I can help them troubleshoot.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add drawing/whiteboard abilities in Telehealth sessions

Allow both provider and client to annotate on each others video or shared screen like a whiteboard. Include drawing tools like pens (with colors and thicknesses), lines (different types), shapes (arrows, rectangles etc) and text annotations.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Play a chime or sound when participants join a telehealth session

When a client joins a telehealth session, or when we as the therapists join, for a small beep to occur on the person who was logged in first to know to click the join button. Many times clients have sat for several minutes not knowing I joined, or I get a shock when they join and start talking.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customized virtual waiting room for Telehealth clients

Client has ability to wait in a customized virtual waiting space if they are running late or if they need to complete paperwork prior to a session beginning. This space include different backdrops and scenery and music of choice. Theralink has this offer for example.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more than 6 total participants in a Group Telehealth Session

Currently, one Telehealth session can only have up to 6 people including the staff member. I have some groups with larger members and need the ability to conduct telehealth sessions with those clients.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share computer audio during Telehealth screen sharing

the telealth screenshare feature does not share sound. i.e youtube videos cannot be heard when shared.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide top and bottom menu bars when telehealth is in full screen

Right now if you click full screen, the client is a small box in the middle rather than the whole monitor such as in any of the other video conferencing platforms. This would actually be the difference maker in me being able to offer more EMDR sessions.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set virtual background in telehealth sessions

Allow me to choose or upload backgrounds (e.g., nature scenes, office settings) to use while conducting telehealth sessions.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shared mouse control in telehealth

For therapists such as Speech, Occupational Therapy screen sharing needs to be interactive. Addition of shared mouse control options during screen sharing as well as annotation tools - e.g. draw, stamp, highlight, etc. would be a huge asset. These features are provided in many competitors telehealth tools. The functionality is limited in theranest.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow group telehealth sessions with non-client attendees

It would be beneficial to be able to have multiple family members (e.g., teenager and parent) join the telehealth session from multiple devices (e.g., teen in one room, parent in another). I paid for the group telehealth option thinking that it would permit this setup but it unfortunately requires each person to be a client in theranest and then set up a group therapy session which does not accurately reflect the situation I described. In this case I want to maintain the child as the identified patient and have not to create a patient account for the parent.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to move or hide video preview box

The ability to move the self-video box to another area of the screen - currently this box pops up in the upper right hand corner of the screen, which is fine on a computer. But many of my clients who use a phone or tablet have let me know that the box which shows their face is actually cutting my face off from their view, and they aren't able to move it to a better location!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add staff control that allows client to join telehealth session

I like to turn on my computer and launch the telehealth session to test everything, but I don't want my clients to see me moving about the office as they wait. Create a control that allows me to start the session but keep the client from entering until I'm ready. This would give them an "entrance space" while they wait for me to ready to start.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conduct telehealth sessions between staff members

Allow me to use the telehealth feature to meet with staff members in different locations.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Seeing Clients during screen share

I want to request that TheraNest allows us to see our clients and ourselves when we screen share. Right now we are having to toggle back and forth between screens or use the split screen feature of our computers. Other platforms like ZOOM have this feature built in allowing for continual viewing of the client and therapist as you move between different screens. This is especially important as we work with our clients and parents in a speech language therapy session. Please enable this feature immediately.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to share telehealth link to client from the Agenda and Calendar

Currently, to send a teleheatlh link is a multi-step exercise. It would be helpful if you could make a quick link to send the client their video link via text or email as a one button click experience. Thi should be available from the agenda view, not just the calendar view.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Require client's current location before telehealth session

A trend for telehealth is asking the client their current location in case something were to happen during session. The idea is that we would be able to send police etc to the location if needed. So this one would be just requiring input of your current location before starting telehealth session.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share documents during telehealth sessions

When I'm conducting a telehealth session, allow me to share documents with my client so that I can provide them with worksheets to use during the session.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include telehealth link in email client receives when appointment is changed to telehealth

include telehealth link in email client receives when appointment is changed to telehealth

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve visability of Telehealth "Join" button

Hello, We have run into an issue with multiple patients not being able to easily see the "join" button due to having to scroll their screen down. I would like to suggest moving that "join" button to the top of the page to make it more noticeable. Thank you, Morganna

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show preview of staff video before starting Telehealth session

Show a preview of our video so we can test our video camera before starting the telehealth session to ensure that the camera is working correctly.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Conducting Telehealth Sessions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base