Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1555 results found

1. Expand features for handling child/minor clients (notes, contacts, intake etc.)

Create a separate feature for reminder calls & email that include a parent contact. or a box that differentiates between a child client versus an adult client, therefore insurance information and contact information would be specialized.

It would be nice, if you work with children, to have child friendly notes as well as a section specifically in regards to separation / divorce - a place to list information such as custody arrangements, etc.

Minor child clients require additional informed consents. It would be helpful to be able to customize which intake forms go to new clients when inviting them to…

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Implement an hourly or flat rate for staff payroll

Instead of percentage, is it possible to set up a set pay rate for the staff. For example, I pay my therapist $30-40 hrly regardless of the insurance so each client they see is the same pay rate.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mark claims "paid" on the client Ledger

When insurance payment is entered manually and the claim is marked "paid" on the submitted claims page, it would be beneficial for the "paid" status to show on the client's Open Invoices page. Right now it says "submitted" on the client page even after insurance payment has been entered.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include session start and end times on progress notes

Allow me to enter the start and end time of the session on a progress note because payers require this and it's easier to enter the times than adjust the duration.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Decline supervisee notes

As a supervisor, allow me to decline a supervisee's notes and provide information on what edits they need to make before I sign off on it.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Block off non-clinical time on calendar

Allow me to block off recurring or single non-clinical events on my calendar so appointments can't be scheduled during that time. Then, when I create a recurring appointment for a client, have it skip over the days that I'm not available and schedule the appointment anyway.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Client birthday reminders

Remind me when it's a client's birthday so that I can wish them a happy birthday during our next session.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display mini gregorian calendar in new appointment modal

instead of having to choose the month then date without looking at the calendar. It would be great to click on the date and SEE a full calendar when scheduling clients. I always need to have my phone or other calendar to see if I am choosing the correct number date.

When you add a new appointment, instead of having a dropdown box with numbers for the date, have a mini calendar open so I can choose the day by clicking on the calendar. This would help me make sure I am choosing the correct day of the week.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add client check in functionality

Add a way for client services, office manager, or secretary to mark that client has arrived and checked-in for their appointment to reduce the need for frequent checking of the lobby or interruptions to sessions. Send an alert to the staff member when the client has checked in.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select which goals appear on progress notes

Allow me to select which goals appear on the client's progress note for that session. I only want the relevant goals that we worked on in that session to appear, or none at all, rather than having all of their goals appear.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Accept ACH payments from clients

In addition to the credit card options for payments, allow my clients to make payments using ACH.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Attach files and multimedia files to clinical documentation

Allow me to attach files and multimedia files (photos, audio files, etc.) to my clinical documentation (progress notes, initial assessments, etc.).

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow group notes to be entered for all clients at one time

My suggestion would be to allow us to enter in multiple group members with one general note without violating privacy laws. Currently, it violates privacy laws and shows each client in the group on every clients individual chart. It would be helpful if we could enter in one note for everyone in the group, point/click to add the clients in the group (because it is different each time) and add specifics next to each person in the group if needed.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Print work or school excuse notes from Agenda

It would be very helpful to have something on the Agenda that would let us print appointment excuses for school and work.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customize treatment plan templates

Allow me to create a custom treatment plan template similar to how I can create custom progress note templates using Dynamic Form elements.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Report on number of sessions

Allow me to run a report to see how many sessions our organization has had, and how many each therapist has had during a specific time period.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  17. Add profile photos for clients and staff

Have a way to add a client photo to the client's details. It would help staff identify the client in the waiting room if they could see a photo.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Apply batch write-offs to remaining balances due across different client ledgers

Add new feature that allows me to apply multiple write-offs in bulk to remaining balances due from a single page, instead of having to apply each one to individual invoices from separate ledgers. This would let me apply a batch of client or insurance write-offs for different clients.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Greater distinction for canceled appointments

When viewing the calendar, it's hard to distinguish between the cancelled appointments and other appointments because they appear in the same bright color. Have a way for the cancelled appointments to still be shown on the calendar, but with a greater distinction between the kept and scheduled appointments.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Centralized contact log

Create a centralized contact log that doesn't have to be associated with a case. I don't want to open a case just to enter contact log information. Or I may have staff that aren't assigned to a case and need to notate client communication.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base