Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

261 results found

1. Enter clients as a couple or family

Allow me to enter clients as couples or families. I see mostly couples and I prefer not to split them up in TheraNest.

838 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Send appointment reminders to multiple contacts

Allow me to send appointment reminders to multiple phone numbers and/or email addresses. Some clients that are children may have divorced parents and both want to be alerted that their child has an appointment.

374 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Autosave client details

When editing a client's information, autosave the fields so I don't have to click the save button every time I make a change. When I navigate to other tabs/areas, sometimes I don't remember to save and then all the information is lost.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expand features for handling child/minor clients (notes, contacts, intake etc.)

Create a separate feature for reminder calls & email that include a parent contact. or a box that differentiates between a child client versus an adult client, therefore insurance information and contact information would be specialized.

It would be nice, if you work with children, to have child friendly notes as well as a section specifically in regards to separation / divorce - a place to list information such as custody arrangements, etc.

Minor child clients require additional informed consents. It would be helpful to be able to customize which intake forms go to new clients when inviting them to…

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add profile photos for clients and staff

Have a way to add a client photo to the client's details. It would help staff identify the client in the waiting room if they could see a photo.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to scan files directly into client's general or clinical documents

It would be great if you had a directing scanning option to scan documents directly into the system via a TWAIN enabled scanner verses scanning to the desktop and then uploading. Thanks

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a way to merge duplicate clients

When a duplicate client is accidentally created, have a way to merge the two clients so you don't lose any data when you delete the duplicate.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom appointment reminders per client

Allow me to create an appointment reminder template for each client so I can send additional information for one client that may need it.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to create progress notes and view linked notes from client Appointments list

I wish when i clicked on a clients profile and selected appointments, it would show if a note was missing and allow me to enter it from there.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Designate clients as private pay

Allow me to designate a client as private pay so that I can run billing reports for insurance clients separate from private pay clients.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove demographic fields in TheraNest & Client Portal

Allow me to remove some of the demographic fields that are displayed in TheraNest and the Client Portal. There are some fields we don't need to capture (e.g. Religion).

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assign supervisor per patient instead of staff member

Allow me to assign a supervisor at the patient level. Our trainees have more than one supervisor and we'd like their notes to be reviewed/approved only by the staff member assigned to that patient.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add custom fields to client details page

Allow me to create my own custom fields that I can add to the client's profile so that I can track additional information outside of what TheraNest provides.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default client's intake date field to date of first kept appointment

I would suggest the default intake date be the first kept appointment, or at least be able to change the default to that setting. I do not consider the date I put their name into the computer to schedule their first appointment as the intake date. It should be the day they filled everything out, either via the portal or in the office.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display client credit on clients list

Allow me to customize the grid for the clients list to display any credits the client has.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Separate client amount due and insurance amount due when viewing ledger grid

When viewing the client's ledger, separate the Balance Due by the client's balance and the insurance balance.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include Insurance company phone number on Insurance tab

When working on billing kinks for the insurance company, it would be helpful to have the insurance phone number field present on the insurance/billing screen.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a genogram builder function

A genogram is a graphic representation of a family tree that displays detailed data on relationships among individuals. It goes beyond a traditional family tree by allowing the user to analyze hereditary patterns and psychological factors that punctuate relationships. Genograms allow a therapist to quickly identify and understand various patterns in the client's family history which may have had an influence on the client's current state of mind.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto-format fields (dates, State, phone number etc.)

It would be great if there was uniformity in format for all the date fields to preopulate the slashes. Like the eligiblity date on the insurance screen requires slashes but you should be able to just enter MMDDYYYY like so many other screens.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display the day of the week in client Appointment History

It would be really helpful to see what day of the week a client has appointments in the "Appointments" page of their client account. Instead I have to go back and forth to the calendar to verify what days of the week they come in.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base