Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest App

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. Bulk export clinical documentation for multiple clients

Allow me to print/download clinical notes for multiple clients across multiple cases at once instead of having to go into each client separately.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Mental Status Exam to the initial assessment

Add a Mental Status Exam to the initial assessment template in Theranest it is the only area missing to be Medicaid compliant.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Goal bank for treatment plans

When creating a treatment plan and adding goals for the client, allow me to pick and insert goals from a goal bank. I use the same goals for a lot of my clients and it would save time to just click and insert them rather than re-typing them.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy last treatment plan

Allow me to "copy last treatment plan" option to create an updated treatment plan so that I can make updates without recreating the entire treatment plan.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display session number in progress note

Number the notes for us so that we do not have to manually count how many sessions we have conducted with our clients? This helps with certain insurance groups that limit our sessions. Thank you!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to merge duplicate cases

If a second case has been opened for a client it would be nice to be able to merge it with the old case.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy and sync clinical information across different client cases

We are a group practice and we do share clients….ex. we have clients that see one therapist for individual and another for couples and perhaps another for group. We are all part of the treatment team so we are all assigned to the case and have ROIs in place in order to share information. The sharing of information is also in our treatment consent form and HIPAA form that clients complete at intake.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow supervisees to sign notes before Supervisors

Allow a supervisee to sign their note before sending it to the supervisor for approval/co-signature.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't create a new case when navigating to notes

If I navigate to a client's notes and there isn't an open case, don't create a new one. I may only be looking at the notes to review notes from a closed case and I don't need a new case created.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add another assessment and set alerts/reminders

We are required to complete an assessment after a certain amount of time depending on the payer and/or state regulations. Allow me to set a reminder or an alert for when a client needs to have an assessment completed, and allow me to complete another assessment without having to add addendums to the first assessment.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link custom forms to appointments

When using a customized form for clinical documentation, allow me to link the form to a scheduled appointment, similar to how it works for progress notes.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Require a completed progress note to submit claims

Allow me the option to require a signed progress note before a claim can be submitted.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adjust font in printed documents

Allow me to adjust the font type and size on clinical documents and invoices.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Signature Pad for Signing documents

I would like to see the "draw signature" feature on the treatment plan (for the client) to be compatible with a electronic signature pad

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Next..." and "Previous..." buttons to Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes

For treatment review purposes, it is often necessary to browse through existing Contact Logs, Treatment Plans, and Progress Notes for a particular client. Currently, TheraNest makes it necessary to exit a Contact Log, Treatment Plan, or Progress Note, go back to the master list for each type of note, and then select the next desired note to review.
    This can become very cumbersome and even annoying if a lot of browsing is necessary.

Adding “Next…” | “Previous…” buttons at the top of each relevant page (next to “Print” and “Save”) would make forward and backward browsing through existing Contact Logs,…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to email progress notes directly to clients from TheraNest

Hello, it would be nice to be able to email progress notes directly from the progress note section

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't retroactively change diagnosis code if updated

Don't retroactively change a diagnosis code on superbills and clinical documentation if a diagnosis code has been updated for a client. Currently, if a diagnosis code gets updated for a client it applies to past superbills and progress notes, but it should only apply to documents from the date it was changed and forward.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for multiple intake dates

Allow for multiple intake dates for clients. Some clients may be discharged and then come back for services, but the intake date remains to when they were first entered into the system and we need to capture each time they were brought in for services.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add process notes page

It would be helpful to have a tab that is designated for process notes that can be labeled as separate from the rest of the medical record. These notes are more detailed by the therapist and are more protected under HIPAA.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add customizable text shortcuts/phrases to assist in note writing

Add customizable macros shortcuts to assist in note writing like the Mental Status Exam selections. IE - Supportive Counseling, EMDR, CBT, Active Listening, etc.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base