Skip to content

Have an idea?

Share it with us or vote on other people’s ideas. Our product team is listening.

TheraNest Client Portal

We love to hear TheraNest feature requests from you! Use the field below to search for existing ideas. Vote on ideas you like or agree with. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Family account for Client Portal

Allow an individual to access multiple accounts under one client portal. I work with families and the parent should be able to access statements and appointment information for all members of their household by logging into one client portal account.

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

With the client’s contact network, one parent or guardian can have access to additional accounts under one login. Check out our release notes for more information!

2. Allow non-admin staff members to invite clients to client portal

Grant ability to invite client to client portal to non-admin users. Clients can only be invited from the client portal settings page, which is located under the Organization tab. As a result, only admins can invite new clients to the portal.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Kayla MacNeil responded

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that expands staff permissions so that non-admin staff members can send client portal invitations to their clients. Staff members with adequate permissions will have the ability to send invitations from the Client Details page. Organization administrators can control which staff members have the ability to send invitations by editing their staff members’ permissions. To learn more about this release, you can visit our TheraNest Knowledge Base. https://help.theranest.com/en/articles/4540115-allow-staff-to-invite-clients-to-the-client-portal

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

3. Resend Intake Forms multiple times throughout treatment

We need to resend our long term clients the intake forms again more than 6 month in service. As we know, by law, clients have to sign or update the intake forms again after 6 month. Sometimes we add a new service next to our counseling sessions, so we would like to be able to send another contract or new forms to sign via our client portal.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We have released a new feature to allow admin users to resend intake and client forms throughout treatment. From the client’s General Documents tab, you can share new forms and manage already-shared forms. New shared forms are accessible by your clients through the Client Portal (in the “Forms” menu option).

4. Send invoices, superbills, statements through Client Portal

Allow me to sent a client's superbills, statements, and invoices to the client portal where they can view and print them. Sending them through the portal would save me paper and ensure confidentiality.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clients can now download and print invoices and superbills from the client portal! Check out our release notes for more information.

This release does not include statements. If you’d like your clients to also print statements from the client portal, please vote for this idea on our feedback forum: https://theranest.uservoice.com/forums/914047-theranest-client-portal/suggestions/44273907-allow-clients-to-print-statements-from-the-client

5. Select which intake forms to send in client invitation

Add ability to select which intake forms will be sent to different clients when they are invited to the client portal.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  30 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Admin →
  6. Have client portal availability separate from calendar availability

I would like to able to set my "availability" calendar preferences in the client portal separately from the availability in the calendar I use for myself. In other words, if I mark that I am only available on Wednesdays and Thursdays, clients can only schedule themselves then, but then if I want to make an exception and see a client outside of that, say, on a Monday, I cannot add it to my own calendar. I would like to have more freedom in scheduling myself than what I give to my clients.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Advanced Availability feature is currently in Beta! This feature allows you to create availability blocks on the calendar to specify the services you are available for scheduling at specific times and locations. You can also allow clients to request appointments on the Client Portal during your available blocks. 

Click the following link to learn more: https://theranest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/17406970275860-Advanced-Availability-FAQ-TheraNest-

7. Allow non-admin staff members to send/resend forms through the client portal

I would like therapists who do not have administration privileges to be able to send releases of information to their clients via the portal. Right now only those with admin privileges can send the release of information.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! Today we released an update that expands staff permissions so that non-admin staff members can send send and resend forms through the client portal to their clients. Staff members with adequate permissions will have the ability to send forms from the General Documents page under the client’s profile. Organization administrators can control which staff members have the ability to send forms by editing their staff members’ permissions.

Thanks for your feedback on this suggestion! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com.

8. Ability to sign each intake form separately in Client Portal

If I send a packet of forms to a client, have their signature appear at the end of every form rather than at the end of the last form in the packet.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If multiple forms are sent to a client to the client portal, the client’s signature will now be displayed at the end of each individual form. Previously, their signature was only included at the end of the last form in the entire packet.

9. Automatically change Time Zones for clients when creating appointment

With the advent of the telehealth feature, it is going to be even more important to be able to have the calendar adjust for the clients time zone. I provide telehealth in CA, FL,MI and TX (all states in which I am licensed) as well as military service members across the globe. It is very confusing for clients when the calendar is not in their own time zone.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appointment times shown in the Client Portal, the client's Appointments list, and the Clients list now has the location time zone appended.

10. Customize client portal invitation message

The welcome message of Therabook needs to be editable such that the practice welcomes the patient. Currently, the therapist welcomes the patient, which is less professional. The welcome message reads, "Jane do invites you..." I would like it to read "ABC Counseling invites you..."

Additionally, the patients are the patients of the practice, not the therapist. If the therapist left the practice, we would try to retain the patient.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Invitations  ·  Admin →
  11. Client Portal Updates PLEASE

1) allow the therapist to set hours to only be seen on the portal but allow the therapist to override and make appointments outside the hours shown
    2) allow the therapist to select which paperwork is sent to each client (meaning some forms only go to clients which are children, couples, individuals, and forms for different types of therapists (interns, etc) Allows for us to customize who gets what when it is needed. Maybe a checkbox list of them that the main ones are auto checked and we can choose others. Such as child information form, adult information form, couples…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Add LGBTQ+ fields to demographics in client portal profile

Add LGBTQ+ fields to demographics in client portal profile

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to let you know that this feature request has been completed! Clients now have the ability to add and/or update the demographic fields for Gender Identity, Preferred Pronouns and Sexual Orientation right within their client portal account

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@theranest.com..

13. Print blank intake forms

Can you add a print button to the forms we create? I have a couple of clients who do not have email access and I do not want to retype everything in my intake forms.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Admin →
  14. Change portal messaging for deactivated clients

When we archive clients, even if it's only temporary, their client portal accounts are deactivated. The message that comes up when they try to access the portal makes our clients feel as though we've terminated services. Change the message that appears letting them know to contact us.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The messaging has been updated if an archived client tries to log into the Client Portal. The message will now display as: "Please contact {Your Organization Name} to reconnect to the client portal."

15. Disable Billing and Insurance on the Client Portal

It would be nice to be able to disable the Insurance & Billing link that the clients see when they are in the portal. I think it's confusing for my clients since I only take one insurance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change state field to drop-down on client portal

When clients enter their address in the demographics fields on the client portal, have the state field be a drop-down field. When they type out their full state name it causes issues with claims.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your organization’s country is listed as US, Mexico, or Canada, then state fields within the application or the client portal have been updated to a dropdown containing 2-letter abbreviations to reduce errors when mapping to claims. If your organization’s country is listed as something else, the free-text field remains.

17. Add a check box in custom forms to allow adding it to the intake forms

I created a client checklist using custom forms. My thinking was that I would have clients fill it out online through the client portal. Then I discovered that there is a separate forms generator in the client portal and the two don't connect. The Idea(s):
    1. add a radio button option that allows forms to be used in the client portal
    2. use a single forms generator to allow users to 'import' forms in either direction i.e. either from either the custom forms files or the intake forms files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Admin →
  18. Change signature language in Client Portal to include and/or minor.

We've had some facilities voice their concerns about whose names appear under the "Client Signature" sections. Normally, this isn't a problem when a client--who is over 18--signs it as their name corresponds with the signature. However, when the client is a minor, their parent/guardian signs the form but the name that appears with the signature is the name of the minor.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Intake Forms  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to let you know this suggestion has been implemented! The client signature pages in TheraNest and in the Client Portal now include language clarifying that if a client is a minor, their parent/guardian can sign forms on their behalf.

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Matt Hunt responded

We recently released a feature that allows each client to receive custom selections of intake forms when invited to the client portal, as well as a second feature to allow re-sending forms throughout treatment.

20. Add telephone number to demographics form

please add a box for client's mobile number on the demographic page of the portal. right now the client would need to update their profile - and most don't even know or see that option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base